Easy solution for 228. Strip Max. Ortega V Stephens/Aldo winner

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I like Max, but he's not reliable anymore. 3 missed title fights in a row. And he's probably never fighting at 145 again anyway; let's be honest. Apparently he had a stroke? Come on. You're just delaying the inevitable. This is the way to save UFC 228.

Max can't make 155 on 7 day notice he should move up for his own good

I wonder how long it takes the UFC to give us another interim title? Max is going to be out for a while either way, it would be odd for all this drama to happen and then see him in the cage in a few months.

When will people understand that 228 isn't being saved. Lol

I like Max, but he's not reliable anymore. 3 missed title fights in a row. And he's probably never fighting at 145 again anyway; let's be honest. Apparently he had a stroke? Come on. You're just delaying the inevitable. This is the way to save UFC 228.
That would only give the winner of Aldo/Stephens like 5-6 weeks to recover.

UFC should let max relinquish his belt instead of stripping him.

That would only give the winner of Aldo/Stephens like 5-6 weeks to recover.

Jeremy Stephens fought Josh Emmett three weeks after Doo Hoi. And Doo Hoi was a tough fight. They're fighters. Stop being a snowflake.

Not for a lack of trying. Montana/Valentina has not been declared as the main event yet.
It likely will be though. 228 just isn't a priority for the UFC, not with other big cards coming up.

Jeremy Stephens fought Josh Emmett three weeks after Doo Hoi. And Doo Hoi was a tough fight. They're fighters. Stop being a snowflake.
Lol at being a snowflake.

I'm being realistic, dumbass. Who knows how these guys will leave the fight next weekend. And who knows if the winner will want to fight so soon.

I miss the old days when fighters wanted to fight just to fight. Matt Hughes fought BJ Penn in September and then GSP that same November. Hardly any fighter does that anymore.

Let’s not make Aldo the next Urijah Faber when it comes to title shots. His last 4 fights have been title fights and he’s only has one win in those, and beating Stephens shouldn’t give anyone a title shot.

They're men and women who are trying to earn their living through combat sports. There's still a human cost to our entertainment. Not wishing permanent psychological injury on someone isn't being a snowflake.

Just make Ortega vs Mendes for strap. Aldo vs Stephens winner fights that winner. Holloway to 155 if/when he comes back and fights Lee for the chance to fight khabib/Conrad winner

Let’s not make Aldo the next Urijah Faber when it comes to title shots. His last 4 fights have been title fights and he’s only has one win in those, and beating Stephens shouldn’t give anyone a title shot.

<{anton}>

Back