A fighter's union needs to happen: The Ali Act...

yougotabeeonyourhat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"A contract provision that grants any rights between a boxer and a promoter, or between promoters with respect to a boxer, if the boxer is required to grant such rights, or a boxer’s promoter is required to grant such rights with respect to a boxer to another promoter, as a condition precedent to the boxer’s participation in a professional boxing match against another boxer who is under contract to the promoter.”

tenor.gif

English mother fucker.....

someone would need to act for that to happen

I’m all for it but I’m also sick of hearing about.

Does any1 here to mma draftkings? cuz we have started a group here on sherdog but are still 2 people short looking to fill it up 10$ winner take all?

The Ali Act sucks donkey balls. We need one promotion with the majority of talents that has matchmaking control, one belt that means more than the rest, not 12 different sanctioning bodies with belts that mean nothing and 9001 promoters trying to out-scum each other while fights fans want to see get delayed for half a decade.

The Ali Act and the Class Action Lawsuit are being championed by a bunch of bitter ex-UFC bums who are lashing out at Dana and The Fertittas. It's no different in principle from the court case my ex filed against me. They're basically making as much noise as possible until UFC throws alimony and child support money at them, they'll STFU the minute they get paid like Dana's mom did.

Does any1 here to mma draftkings? cuz we have started a group here on sherdog but are still 2 people short looking to fill it up 10$ 10 person winner take all? if so send me ur SN so i can add u

The Ali Act sucks donkey balls. We need one promotion with the majority of talents that has matchmaking control, one belt that means more than the rest, not 12 different sanctioning bodies with belts that mean nothing and 9001 promoters trying to out-scum each other while fights fans want to see get delayed for half a decade.

The Ali Act and the Class Action Lawsuit are being championed by a bunch of bitter ex-UFC bums who are lashing out at Dana and The Fertittas. It's no different in principle from the court case my ex filed against me. They're basically making as much noise as possible until UFC throws alimony and child support money at them, they'll STFU the minute they get paid like Dana's mom did.
<{anton}>

"A contract provision that grants any rights between a boxer and a promoter, or between promoters with respect to a boxer, if the boxer is required to grant such rights, or a boxer’s promoter is required to grant such rights with respect to a boxer to another promoter, as a condition precedent to the boxer’s participation in a professional boxing match against another boxer who is under contract to the promoter.”

Lol If there is a fighters union nobody’s ever going to fucking fight. Everyone’s going to pull out constantly. They’ll probably have insurance for pulling out of fights and file a grievance for every fucking thing.

MMA was better when fighters couldn’t afford to pull out of fights. Decrease fighter pay if you don’t want fight cards falling apart,

Lol If there is a fighters union nobody’s ever going to fucking fight. Everyone’s going to pull out constantly. They’ll probably have insurance for pulling out of fights and file a grievance for every fucking thing.

MMA was better when fighters couldn’t afford to pull out of fights. Decrease fighter pay if you don’t want fight cards falling apart,
Thank you for educating this wayward child. We don't need a bunch of Conors.

giphy.gif

Does any1 here to mma draftkings? cuz we have started a group here on sherdog but are still 2 people short looking to fill it up 10$ winner take all?
I’ll do it. Name is podsox. I don’t know shit about this card though

This topic has been done to death so many times that I can't even pretend to give a fuck about it anymore.

The fighters never try to actually start a functioning union, only Leslie Smith has actually put forth that kind of effort so kudos to her, so I don't care if they're getting buttfucked by Dana and co. If they're not going to do jackshit about it, then why should I worry?

The only thing I want is a regulated rankings system with mandatory title challengers. You have 365 days(*) to defend your title against the official #1 contender. If you don't defend within 365 days, then your title is stripped and you're ineligible for title fights for 18 months.

That alone would add a huge amount of legitimacy. You can keep the individual promotions separate.

***If there is a legitimate, documented medical condition or injury that prevents a fighter from defending within 365 days, a waiver may be given to extend the time period to 18 months. If they are still unable to defend the title before 18 months, the title is stripped and the same rules as above apply. No exceptions.

A fighter's union will happen right before Uber/Lyft union and Amazon union.

Thank you for educating this wayward child. We don't need a bunch of Conors.
Actually the ali act probably would have prevented a lot of the Conor bs. Unfair matchmaking is one of the biggest if not the biggest gripes that the ali act proponents hope to fix by extending the ali act to mma.

Conor wouldn't have been able to hold onto either belt so long without fighting the number one contender. In order for Conor to have gotten the lw title shot the number one contender (Khabib) would of had to have waived his right to the titleshot.

Back