Are interim title holders put on the same contracts as normal champions?

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was always of the understanding that it was the case, that interim champs would be on a higher contract and the whole shebang. And even when tony pulled out i remember eddie bravo talking about how ferguson gonna lose out on a lot of money because they were stripping him. Yet ortega recently said in an interview that the interim belt is just a prop and they don't get any extra benefits. Anyone know which is correct?

Tony Ferguson wasn't suppose to be getting paid 250K/250K to fight Khabib just cause. (He made 125K/125K against Lee when he won it.) The interim title gives fighters leverage when it comes to negotiating pay and guarantees them perks like ppv points and apperance money.

I was always under the impression that you had renegotiate your contract once you were the champ or fight out your current one until you could re-sign as a champion demanding a raise. The interim belt just seemed like a way for the UFC to put you in the spotlight without paying anything extra lol

Last edited:
only difference is probably, you get a copy of the replica belt.

whatever that belt is worth at the pawn shop is what its worth.

its not like theres a "champions" contract

it gives them a ton of leverage to negotiate.

Doubtful.

Interim doesn't carry the same swagger. A guy who's named interim head coach is basically keeping the seat warm for a better candidate.

Does any1 here to mma draftkings? cuz we have started a group here on sherdog but are still 2 people short looking to fill it up 10$ winner take all?

Does any1 here to mma draftkings? cuz we have started a group here on sherdog but are still 2 people short looking to fill it up 10$ winner take all?
Go to reddit with this. Stop spamming the forums with this copy and paste. Ive already seem it multiple times in different threads.

Back