"Stipe was never my friend..."

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
I can't take any more GOAT arguments seriously on Sherdog, anymore.

Miocic went from GOAT to can in one fight, what the hell?

He was just the greatest Heavyweight Champion the UFC has ever seen and then he gets cracked by Cormier and Sherdog says...."Stipe was never my friend."

Some had him beating a prime Fedor and now people barely have him beating Demetrious Johnson.

One bad fight doesn't make the man, he is still at the top of the heap but a bad day at the office and you get Sherdogged...

If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s that Sherdog’s UFC forum is fucking retarded.

Last edited:
I was never sold on Stipe, though I didn't talk about it much because doing so while he was on his run would just get you called a casual and an idiot. He's a great fighter in a weak division.

That being said, his accomplishments cannot be denied. I would favor him over every heavyweight that isn't DC (or a rejuvenated, healthy Cain) at the moment.

I agree Sherdog's "what have you done for me lately" mindset when it comes to evaluating fighters is tiresome.

I never saw him as the greatest Heavyweight or even the most dominant. Even if he had the most wins. I predicted DC to beat Stipe and I also think prime Tim Silvia would also beat Stipe.

Not sure if people were calling him the GOAT but maybe the GOAT of the HW division .
but as you pointed out Sherdog is Fickle .

Finish a guy in your last fight and you are either a future champ / possible GOAT .
lose you last fight and you are a can / out of your prime should retire or move down weight class

We are all top fighters with near perfect bodies and insist on nothing less of perfection.

Fail, and you’ll get roasted.

Also, this thread has been done before.

I also said prime Cain would destroy Stipe and everyone was acting like that was so far fetched, Cain was not on his level... can't box etc.

Well after DC's performance and the fact DC says Cain is better than him it doesn't seem that stupid now does it?

Cain is the most skilled current HW. If he ever comes back.

I never saw him as the greatest Heavyweight or even the most dominant. Even if he had the most wins. I predicted DC to beat Stipe and I also think prime Tim Silvia would also beat Stipe.
It's funny because I had that very thought about Sylvia before Stipe fought DC. Tim would be a very tough match up for Stipe and it would've been fun as hell to see.

He dominated Ngannou and showed why he was a GOAT beating a future GOAT.... he gets dropped by Cormier and he is a can who doesn't deserve a rematch... Bring ON Brock!

If there one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s that Sherdog’s UFC forum is fucking retarded.
man. You guys should see the shit that gets deleted :D

Stipe is a great fighter. What he got caught with,was a lapse,that could have happened to anyone. The KO reminded me of how Shogun got caught by Hendo in the 2nd fight.

that's sherdog for ya baby. you're either invincible or you're garbage.

Fedor would have always murked him. Some people are just stupid flip floppers

Sylvia gets shit on constantly, but in his prime he could have beaten a majority of the guys currently in the top 10. just the size and the jab alone were enough to handle a lot of fighting styles.

We all love Sherdog

The being only as good as your last fight mentality is one of the downsides to this site.

If there one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s that Sherdog’s UFC forum is fucking retarded.
In a sense. A common age of Sherdog users, I'm guessing, is an age where the brain is far from its full development. So if you want to refer to all kids as retarded, I suppose there's some validity to that. I sure was retarded at 15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back