If Stipe wants a rematch with DC, he should be calling out Brock right now.

Herwald

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
An 0-2 (1 NC) fighter, Brock should first get a win over a TOP contender like Stipe before he challenges for the belt. As well as he should answer for his "piece of shit" words.

^This should be Stipe's logic right now. If I was his manager, I'd steer him into these waters. I think DC's a great man and he should definitely hold out for the money fight, but he indeed holds all the cards. If Stipe wants to change the situation, he needs to become a crafty irritant. Nobody cares about his accomplishments, the name of the game is cheap drama and, listen, DC vs Brock is fake shit. Stipe vs Brock is real shit*. At the very least, it can be played that way more convincingly. Also, you get the dramatic side bonus of Stipe cock blocking DC from getting the money fight first. So much drama... the PPV would be huge.

If Stipe wins, DC is already the loser in some way before the rematch even happens. If Stipe loses to Brock - who gives a shit? Dude got paid.

Don't come at me with some drama-lover horseshit, I don't care. I'm just saying, Stipe is pissing in the wind right now. If he wants his belt back, if he wants it back from DC - the way to do it is through Brock.

*By the way, Francis, if he has the drive, could try and pick up a savage win or two before Brock's suspension ends and try and play this exact same angle. Brock called him a piece of shit as well and that there is also more real than DC/Brock fake buddy-buddy shitshow.

Brock isnt gonna fight Stipe. That fight isnt for the belt.

Of course stipe should get a rematch, but he isnt getting one.
Get over it and move on.

TS musta been KTFO recently too, that or drugs, baby.

I'd agree with you if it wasn't Brock. I don't think he cares about the belt and the money would be huge be it for the belt or not. The dude has ego and he loves challenges. If Stipe played it right, he could fish him into a fight.

He cant fish him into a fight. Its like those people trying to get a fight with Conor. Brock is going all in or nothing at all. He can just fight Stipe later if he wants that fight.

Stipe's big mistake was waiting over a week before saying he wanted a rematch and even then saying he didn't know if the eye poke from DC was intentional. The best way for Stipe to have had at least some chance of getting an immediate rematch would have been for him to grab the mic right after the fight and tell Cormier: "The only way you beat me was by gouging my eye! You have cried and cried about how terrible Jon Jones is because he's a cheater but tonight you just showed everyone you're a hypocrite and a fraud. You're not an honest fighter; you're a cheater just like Jon Jones."

Stipe's big mistake was waiting over a week before saying he wanted a rematch and even then saying he didn't know if the eye poke from DC was intentional. The best way for Stipe to have had at least some chance of getting an immediate rematch would have been for him to grab the mic right after the fight and tell Cormier: "The only way you beat me was by gouging my eye! You have cried and cried about how terrible Jon Jones is because he's a cheater but tonight you just showed everyone you're a hypocrite and a fraud. You're not an honest fighter; you're a cheater just like Jon Jones."

Lol, pretty much this.

If a title fight is on the table there is no chance Brock will fight anyone but the champ.

Stipe is in an unfortunate situation right now. He deserves a rematch but he won't get it. DC will fight Brock and maybe one LHW before that and retire.

Stipe should look for a contender and position himself for Brock if he beats DC or for the fight for the likely vacant title after DC retires.

Maybe he has a chance if Brock tests positive again but this time the fight gets cancelled. But I doubt it. They will find a way to get Brock in there.

Lol, pretty much this.

Even then the odds would have been against him getting the immediate rematch. The reason I say this is because of the story The UFC wanted to tell. By that I mean, listen to what the announcers were saying and what things they were emphasizing. During the fight they commented quite a bit on Cormier's repeated warnings for eye poking. I believe he received a total of 4 warnings for the extended fingers and eye poking. the most eye poke was bad enough that they temporarily stopped the fight so Stipe would have some time to recover. I don't believe he did fully recover before they resumed the fight though.

Just after they resumed the fight, DC KO'd Stipe and from that point on none of the announcers even mentioned the eye pokes and what role they may have played in DC getting the win. It showed incredible bias on their part that a knockout punch that came so soon after DC had gouged Miocic's eye and received his 4th warning in as many minutes wasn't even questioned by a single announcer as possibly have been made possible by the eye gouge which was to the eye on the same side of the face where DC connected with the knockout punch.

Those announcers all wear headsets. It seemed to me as if someone such as Dana White gave them orders to not mention the eye pokes and the 4 warnings DC received and instead make it sound as if there was no controversy at all in Cormier's win. They may very well have been told just that, and to then only concentrate on creating interest in the possibility of a fight between the new double champion and Brock Lesnar.

I say make Stipe vs Black Beast next.

UFC is desperate. Any draw will get a title shot. You better believe Dana wanted Punk to not suck so bad.

An 0-2 (1 NC) fighter, Brock should first get a win over a TOP contender like Stipe before he challenges for the belt. As well as he should answer for his "piece of shit" words.

^This should be Stipe's logic right now. If I was his manager, I'd steer him into these waters. I think DC's a great man and he should definitely hold out for the money fight, but he indeed holds all the cards. If Stipe wants to change the situation, he needs to become a crafty irritant. Nobody cares about his accomplishments, the name of the game is cheap drama and, listen, DC vs Brock is fake shit. Stipe vs Brock is real shit*. At the very least, it can be played that way more convincingly. Also, you get the dramatic side bonus of Stipe cock blocking DC from getting the money fight first. So much drama... the PPV would be huge.

If Stipe wins, DC is already the loser in some way before the rematch even happens. If Stipe loses to Brock - who gives a shit? Dude got paid.

Don't come at me with some drama-lover horseshit, I don't care. I'm just saying, Stipe is pissing in the wind right now. If he wants his belt back, if he wants it back from DC - the way to do it is through Brock.

*By the way, Francis, if he has the drive, could try and pick up a savage win or two before Brock's suspension ends and try and play this exact same angle. Brock called him a piece of shit as well and that there is also more real than DC/Brock fake buddy-buddy shitshow.
I’d say just be ready and book to fight on same or nearby card. Stipe is the obvious fill in when USASA catches Brock again.

I think you nailed it. Being the strong silent type doesn't get you anywhere in the UFC, you've got to have a mouth. How has Stipe not learned this?

Honestly he knows this but refuses to act on it... so fuck him. He's NOT getting shit. Great fighter, worst self promoter the UFC has on the roster. He walked out of the ring when he should have got on the mic. Instead he went home like a big fucking baby.

So essentially...his biggest mistake was being Stipe? I'm trying to imagine him a) being able to come up with that response instantaneously (especially after being KOd!) and then b) having the selfish brashness to think that upstaging the winner of a fight was a wonderful thing to do.

You're talking skittle-pooping unicorn levels of improbability right there.

Interesting idea. But it won't work. No way Dana squanders one of the few fights he's managed to wrangle out of a Brock still under contract with WWE on a contender eliminator. So even if Stipe does a complete 180° from his entire career and calls out a name for once, it'll be for nothing.

Back