38-0 Heavyweight Uber Prospect Upset!!!

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
They said it couldn't happen. They said he was unbeatable, unstopable. This 6'7 250 pounds of pure punching power could not possibly be beaten. Until last night 4-3 Shawn McLean pulled the mega upset, stopping Faruq Saleem by 4th round TKO. Yes that is right, Faruq "the king of the padded record" Saleem is undefeated no more. The boxing world is rejoicing.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=15680&cat=boxer

What a lousy record list. Unbelievable he has never fought a 12 rounder.

Frankie Hines 17-120 LOOOL

Hah hah, yeah, I remember that guy:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f53/greatest-records-nobody-thread-687196/index2.html

Faruq Saleem

Here's another one.
Hah hah, great find, 10 years as a pro,
37 wins, 32 KO's, NO LOSSES
...and the biggest names on his record is Sedreck Fields and Jeff Lally!

The records of some of his most recent opponents:

22 wins, 34 losses, 2 draws.
8 wins, 17 losses, 1 draw.
14 wins, 23 losses, 2 draws.
11 wins, 11 losses.
17 wins, 95 losses, 2 draws.

older fights:
11 wins, 33 losses, 3 draws.
7 wins, 17 losses, 1 draw.
14 wins, 98 losses, 5 draws.
8 wins, 30 losses, 1 draw.
9 wins, 27 losses.
6 wins, 29 losses, 1 draw.
14 wins, 94 losses, 4 draws.
9 wins, 75 losses, 1 draw.
8 wins, 33 losses, 1 draw.
4 wins, 49 losses.

Classic. Thanks, MMAmouse.

Faruq "The Dream" Saleem is the MAN!

$#!t's hilarious.

Guy still gets credit.
He's still stepping in the ring laying it on the line.
I guess he just really liked boxing, but realized his limitations.

Some guys just love to box, even when they know they're never going to get far, but they still get to compete against other lower-level fighters, get to fight before a crowd, and make a couple of bucks at it.

It won't stop them from participating in the dream.

Thumbs up.

I think the majority decision against Sedreck Fields was a good indicator of what he was.

wonder what kind of money guys like that(this guy and the guys he fights) makes. Id imagine theyd need 1-2 jobs on the side to support themselves.

Slow day today in the forum but I just found this thread LOL.

Im glad HW boxing is better now

This thread shows us how terrible HW boxing was 7 years ago.

Slow day today in the forum but I just found this thread LOL.

Im glad HW boxing is better now

This thread shows us how terrible HW boxing was 7 years ago.
Terrible necro bump, go jack off in the heavies.

Can't believe the guy just retired after that defeat, losing dat "0" is that important?

Can't believe the guy just retired after that defeat, losing dat "0" is that important?

That seems to be the case with many, dare I say most fighters these days. It's almost better to lose your "0" in a close controversial decision and just continue on with your career knowing that you can't lose something you've already lost. A perfect example here would be a guy rising up through the P4P lists like Lomachenko, if he continues to win. You can't lose what you no longer have but expectations can still remain high or very high. Fear of losing your "0" is why so many boxers today are ducking others and cherry picking regularly.

They want to be able to claim that they're undefeated, which is understandable, but they focus on it entirely too much instead of fighting the best guys available regardless of whether they're a tough match-up stylistically for them or not. Consistently testing your skills against the best to prove that you're the best, or at least one of the best, is becoming rarer today.

When I saw Bradlee posting I thought... what the fuck!?!?!?!
Then I saw the date

That seems to be the case with many, dare I say most fighters these days. It's almost better to lose your "0" in a close controversial decision and just continue on with your career knowing that you can't lose something you've already lost. A perfect example here would be a guy rising up through the P4P lists like Lomachenko, if he continues to win. You can't lose what you no longer have but expectations can still remain high or very high. Fear of losing your "0" is why so many boxers today are ducking others and cherry picking regularly.

They want to be able to claim that they're undefeated, which is understandable, but they focus on it entirely too much instead of fighting the best guys available regardless of whether they're a tough match-up stylistically for them or not.
Probably the biggest case. This guy was a young undefeated guy with massive KO record and fought for the world title.

Lost once and quit boxing

It takes even more to be the guy with the 10-30 record to pay the bills. I respect those guys a lot more than someone who retired after one defeat.

Some of the best Eva in this forum represented.....bostonmma, amhlilhaus, Bradlee, MeBig, and one my all time faves, Kid McCoy. Damn shame.

At least Barman and Old Cat are still around :)

Some of the best Eva in this forum represented.....bostonmma, amhlilhaus, Bradlee, MeBig, and one my all time faves, Kid McCoy. Damn shame.

At least Barman and Old Cat are still around :)
Hey @Seano what's your objective opinion on Kid McCoy?

Back