UFC: Moscow is a HUGE opportunity for Oleinik

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5-2 in the UFC and the 'loss' against Blaydes was a joke. The loss against Omielanczuk he just got caught and pursued Daniel for the rest of the fight to lose a majority decision. Neither means much but Mark Hunt is still the first real big name, top level opponent the UFC has given Aleksei. And by the way he has 3 POTNs. Ok this is a Fight Night rather than a numbered event but still:

7mXN0rtbetSm1.jpeg

1st event in Russia

Olympic Stadium

Moscow

seating for 17,000

headlining

huge name opponent, currently ranked 7th (Aleksei is 11th)

healthy and plenty of time to prepare

'home town' fight

Corallus-caninus-2-1024x804.jpg

The 15th of September is definitely the biggest platform and the biggest opportunity the Boa Constrictor has been offered during his 68-fight career and Hunt is for sure a beatable opponent for him. Legit elite striker, extremely strong and built like an OXO cube but with a shorter reach, questionable cardio and not great on the ground. And that gas tank runs out twice as fast with an unwelcome grappling fight imposed on him.

mark_hant_6.jpg

Oleinik has a 3" height and 6" reach advantage and plenty of power in his hands. Hunt can not afford to disrespect him on the feet and then with the distance change inside and the clinch / trip, he can afford to be patient, 5 rounds, Hunt getting slow and tired, planting his feet, this is Aleksei's fight to win for his 45th career submission!

I'd honestly never heard of him until the Crocop fight and he has impressed me ever since. But War Hunto

in mother Russian, Rings girls KO you!

please hunto kill him by a stand up punch

Fan of both guys, but pulling for Oly in this one.

This card is a disappointment so far. Hunt vs Oleynik would make a fine co-main, but I've really hoped for a high-profile contender (preferably Volkov) fight as a main event, not two ancient vets slugging it out.

Solid fight. Rooting for Hunt as usual though.

I think its Hunto-san's fight to lose. I think Aleksei will have a hard time taking him down and if he does I dont think he will be able to keep him down. On the feet Aleksei will have to get lucky to get the better of Hunt.

Great fight for UFC Russia. May the best man win.

Wonder how Russia feels about the 2 headliners of their first ever card being 61 years old.

Good fight though.

This card is a disappointment so far. Hunt vs Oleynik would make a fine co-main, but I've really hoped for a high-profile contender (preferably Volkov) fight as a main event, not two ancient vets slugging it out.

It was supposed to be Werdum vs Hunt but Werdum popped.

Good thing it was before the fight, not after or Hunt would probably have finally flipped.

They are still working on the other matchups - at the moment Arlovski is fighting Abdurakhimov and Dolloway is fighting Akhmedov.

Good write up dude and thanks for not writing their full names in the title. That shit was wack.
It's a great fight for both of them imo. Good, fair, solid scrap.
War oleynik

Keeping it real, the last time a ground fighter stepped to Hunt it did not end well for him.

But The Boa Constrictor is a very different and very dangerous animal

Can't believe more people aren't getting hyped for this fight. The support for Aleksei is going to be absolutely deafening on the night. Arlovski - Abdurakhimov on the card too I am really excited for this event.

I met him back stage at a Bellator show long, long ago when Bellator was firat around and doing tourneys for the belts.

I have MAD respect for him because he’s not a very big HW at all. Shit, he’s not even built with a lot of muscle, but his grappling technique is so on fucking point.

Back