Did UFC bribe Mike Tyson not to fight in Pride?

crofighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Back in 2006./7. Mike Tyson had signed a deal with Pride for few fights...he was supposed to fight Cro Cop, Fedor, Hunt maybe etc...Back then Pride was in a trouble, we all know how and why...Is it possible that Dana and Fertittas bribed Tyson for not fighting...There was never any explanation as to where Tyson dissapeared...those fight could have saved Pride maybe, and the UFC saw their opportunity to overtake that nr 1 spot as a premier MMA promotion...it definitely sounds like something dirty buisnessman and italian mob would do.

Never heard of Tyson signing with Pride

They also bribed Mayweather to not fight in Bellator

didnt they also bribe toney to fight in ufc?

I don’t know that Tyson could have saved Pride from the Yakuza. No matter how many of them he knocked out.

38CHSdW.gif

That would've been pathetic

Tyson in 2004/5 was getting stopped by Danny Williams and Kevin McBride

What would stop tyson from taking the money and signing anyways??

Mike was never going to fight MMA, he signed to do publicity.

Someone said he would do "a series of boxing exhibitions against Pride fighters" but that obviously never happened.

Tyson went to a press conference (as I recall) for Pride back when they were setting things up to do their first American show, he was asked point blank if he would fight and he said no.

Sounds somewhat par for the course to me in terms of the shady shit that went on with Pride's owners/management.

But for what it's worth I would have LOVED to see Mike put on those blue gloves. He would have been dangerous in the cage and definitely could have won fights, especially with a little basic sprawl training.

(He was a street fighter before he was a boxer and he was built like a tank with a low center of gravity and he was willing to bite people.... the man was a fighter)

A level Olympic athlete
A level world champion pro boxer
Amazing footwork, head movement, defense, balance, strength, granite chin, genius level understanding of boxing fundamentals, technique and history
Unique "peek-a-boo" style (which Cus had also taught to Floyd Paterson)
Plenty of aggression
Well versed in fight camps, disciplined when he wanted to be.
One shot KO power in either hand
Could fight extremely well from either stance, used advanced footwork/shifting to close distance and open up power punches from a variety of angles

Last edited:
Back