Volkov choking Ivanov with RNC.

War Volkov! He's coming for that belt! Once DC leaves, that is.

Ivanov Bulgarian is low tier hw can status as of right now imo. I don’t hold out too much hope for him. Not the best signing ufc could have made but oh well.

Why is he choking that cab driver???

What kind of sick shit do Bellator put on ??

Ivanov Bulgarian is low tier hw can status as of right now imo. I don’t hold out too much hope for him. Not the best signing ufc could have made but oh well.

Ivanov is 16-1 with his only loss coming to Volkov.

He would have been an amazing fighter if he never got nearly stabbed to death with swords in a bar fight. He was in a coma for 90 days. It's amazing he still fights. Let alone giving JDS a tough fight.

Maybe it's just me but Ivanov looks in wayyyy better shape there than he did against JDS

I remember this fight, it was the heavyweight tournament final, I had been super hyped for it. I miss those Bellator days, the tournaments were awesome especially when they were running fight cards every Friday night for a couple months in a row almost like a season of a tv show. Good to see both of these fighters in the UFC now on the big stage.

Ivanov is 16-1 with his only loss coming to Volkov.

He would have been an amazing fighter if he never got nearly stabbed to death with swords in a bar fight. He was in a coma for 90 days. It's amazing he still fights. Let alone giving JDS a tough fight.
Yea true, I knew those things but didn’t really take them into account before posting...I guess I’m looking at it skillswise, I just don’t see him being too successful with his current toolset but who knows, I might be wrong.

He beat Fedor in Sambo. That's enough for me.

He did and it wasnt no bullshit either. Obviously Fedor was being lazy at that time and probably hardly training in a gi because he was shooting movies and busy in Affliction but Ivanov came to fight that day and showed a strong clinch game and didnt let Fedor bully him around. He also landed some huge shots on Fedor which Fedor ate like nothing but you could see he was frustrated. Anyone watching that could see Fedor was slowing down big time.

Maybe it's just me but Ivanov looks in wayyyy better shape there than he did against JDS
clemens-trial-baseball-390x285.jpg

He did and it wasnt no bullshit either. Obviously Fedor was being lazy at that time and probably hardly training in a gi because he was shooting movies and busy in Affliction but Ivanov came to fight that day and showed a strong clinch game and didnt let Fedor bully him around. He also landed some huge shots on Fedor which Fedor ate like nothing but you could see he was frustrated. Anyone watching that could see Fedor was slowing down big time.
I'm a Fedor fan, but that was a shot at his nuthuggers. All the greats lose and fall at some point. I have to deal with it with Silva. Everybody else needs to deal with their mma heroes falling too.

lol, compare it to his Sambo glory days then

blagoi%20ivanov.jpg

4334.jpg

Ivanov is DEFINITELY past his athletic prime. These Sambo hard competitions did a number on him..
Dude also doesn't look very motivated, not at all. He used to be much more lean.

img_2892_1249475998.png

5dc146b3b893eb0024b4530f2b8fa510.png

He shouldn't even be at heavyweight if we are being honest, look to the size difference between him and his friend/former sparring partner with blue shorts

Lubo_Chuka.png

lol, compare it to his Sambo glory days then

blagoi%20ivanov.jpg

4334.jpg

Ivanov is DEFINITELY past his athletic prime. These Sambo hard competitions did a number on him..
Dude also doesn't look very motivated, not at all. He used to be much more lean.

img_2892_1249475998.png

5dc146b3b893eb0024b4530f2b8fa510.png

He shouldn't even be at heavyweight if we are being honest, look to the size difference between him and his friend/former sparring partner with blue shorts

Lubo_Chuka.png
Blagoy Ivanov has always been in that shape.
The only problem he had in his fight with JDS was his confidence.

And just to let you know, the guy with the blue shorts (Lubo Simeonov) is 6'6 tall. Thats 1,98 cm. Everyone looks like that, next to him.

Back