Colby Covington Eyeing Woodley Fight in November, December: "I need to do a little recovering"

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Colby Covington stopped by Submission Radio this week to chat about a whole bunch of things.

Some topics covered:
  • Life as the UFC interim welterweight champion
  • His persona and why he acts the way that he does
  • Fighters not understanding what MMA is actually about and how to promote
  • His recent Twitter feud with Nick Diaz
  • Daniel Cormier vs. Brock Lesnar and their altercation being criticized
  • Jon Jones aligning himself with Tyron Woodley
  • If he expects to run into Jon Jones in the near future
  • The latest update on fighting Tyron Woodley and when he expects it to happen and more!
Some quote highlights:

On when he plans on returning and fighting Woodley

“We’re looking at doing it in November, December. You know, I need a little time off, I need to do a little recovering. I’m only human, man, I gotta get a little vacation. I just can’t keep running my body through the ground, going through training camps. You have to be strategic, and you know, November, December works for me. I had little health issues after my fight, so I’m getting those taken care of and by the year’s end I will unify my belt and retire Tyron Woodley for good.”

“I think the storyline that makes the most sense, this is the biggest fight that the UFC’s gonna make this year. There’s still questions regarding when Conor’s coming back, who knows when he’s coming back. They don’t know when DC’s gonna fight again because he’s got a broken hand. So, this is the biggest fight that UFC can serve. So, if you wanna serve the biggest fight between Colby Chaos Covington and TyQuil Woodley, they need to serve it up at the world’s most iconic arena, and that’s Madison Square Garden in Manhattan New York. So, that makes the most sense for the fight.”

What Colby’s injuries are and if he’s dealing with anything else

“That’s something that’s not to be talked about right now. But I’ll be healthy by year’s end. You know, I just need a little time to myself, I need a little time to recharge. You know, I can’t just be fighting six times a year, you know? I wanna fight three, four times a year. I’m getting my body healthy, I’m getting everything good to go and I’ll be back there in no time and I’m gonna change the sport forever. My next fight, mark my words right now, I’m gonna do something that’s never been done before in this sport and I’m gonna change the sport forever. It’s gonna be made great again.”

On Jon Jones wanting to help Woodley prepare to beat Covington

“Oh, I couldn’t stop laughing. To be honest Denis, you’ve fought more recently than Jon Jones and Tyron Woodley combined, so I’m not too worried about Jon Jones helping out Tyron Woodley. He’s not gonna be able to show him anything, unless he’s gonna show him how to sit on the sidelines and get fat.”

“I think that those guys are such dirt bags and such fake people that people hate Jon Jones and Tyron Woodley so much that it’s gonna make me a babyface. And I’m a dickhead. I’m a bad person. I don’t give a fuck about people’s feelings. That’s my point. I’m trying to get everybody’s feelings hurt. You know, we’re in the fight business and people are too worried about my words hurting them, but I’m going in there to take some dude’s brain cells. So, I think it’s hilarious that Jon Jones and Tyron Woodley are trying to come out. They’re just gonna make me the babyface, they’re just gonna make me the good guy, and I’m not trying to be the good guy, I’m trying to be the dickhead. I don’t care about people’s feelings and I’m triggering people worldwide. So Jon Jones and Tyron Woodley are making a big mistake. And the funny this is they’re both managed by the same scumbag, the Kawa brothers. So I think Malki Kawa, he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he doesn’t know how to do business.”

inb4 eyeliner claims from other dude's jealous of his good looks

Ask him why he shapes his eyebrows next time.

Awww the self proclaimed nerd basher needs some time off. I hope he's okay.

did he ask him about his ppv only generating 150k ppv buys?
{<jordan}

Recovering? What are you a fucking pussy, bro? Bet this nerd didn't even rip bong hits in high school...

Hope that yeast infection clears up for him.

he's been an interim champ for weeks now and we are going to ask him how life is as a champ ???

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

<36><LikeReally5><{anton}>

Jon Jones stepped up and fought for the belt in like 28 days after his last fight with Bader... You'll never have his desire to be a winner.

Back