Is anyone else a bit sad about Cormier's upcoming retirement?

Davey Crockett

Mane, Firmino, Salah
Banned
Reaction score
DC has lowkey been one of the funniest and nicest dudes in the game for the last few years now. Not only is he entertaining outside the cage, he puts on amazing fights and showcases true heart and skill coming into most fights undersized. Even at LHW he was dwarfed by some guys, and I know he probably has more strength in the clinch, but to cover the distance and tee off on people like Gus and Volkan is tremendous. I think DC is the GOAT. I'm digressing a little here but if the acronym for greatest of all time didn't share its wording with that of a farm animal, I think we would be referring to fighters as GOTE. Greatest of their era. It's unfair to compare guys from times gone by imo. So in that sense, Fedor is the greatest of his time, and DC his.

Theres nothing worse than seeing one of your favourite fighters stay too long and get brutally finished a couple times at the back end of their career, like Liddell, but DC is looking to be in his prime still. I hope if he has a good outing against Lesnar, he decides to keep going. Randy got the title when he was like 70 years old... Not everybody has the same shelf life.

source.gif

Nah I’m just happy to have had the opportunity to watch him compete. If he can retire with his title(s) then that would be awesome, takes a special breed of fighter to be able to walk away while still carrying the gold.

Nah I’m just happy to have had the opportunity to watch him compete. If he can retire with his title(s) then that would be awesome, takes a special breed of fighter to be able to walk away while still carrying the gold.
Nah I'm just happy I had the opportunity to watch him eat. And once he retires he can eat all he likes and I will be happy to watch him enjoy a full popeyes chicken meal!

He’s a natural competitor, something tells me this might not be the end.

WAR DC

he's a monster. it's been a good decade watching him.

but the upside is you won't have to defend him in 10 years against new fans who only saw him last few years of fight, when he fought 6 years past his prime and lost 6 of 8, ala BJ Penn.

I'm happy for the guy. He can retire at a decent age with a decent living.

I hope to see him in some corners because he seems like a guy who can be a great coach.

Nah I'm just happy I had the opportunity to watch him eat. And once he retires he can eat all he likes and I will be happy to watch him enjoy a full popeyes chicken meal!

Screen-Shot-2014-02-23-at-10.31.14-PM.png

From strikeforce champion to UFC champion to all you can eat at the buffet champion! Respect DC!

We didnt have him for that long it seems,but he sure did a hell of alot.

Its a great day for fried chicken, Ive been raving about its health benefits for years......... Well whos laughing now?
tenor.gif

. GOAT cuisine.

Last edited:
Jon Jones

He could easily be the HW and LHW champ right now if he was able to fight.

By the time hes back... who knows if DC will still be there

Hate to see him go but he has had a great career and is almost 40. MMA is a young mans game.

I'm just sad that Juicy Jon Jones made DC his bitch twice. It makes his legacy a very strange one now that he has beaten Stipe.

Not as sad as DC, obviously.

No. I’m happy for him. Retire at 40 with his health, bank, and live a good life.

No one wants to get hit in the head forever.

One of the best ever to do it. I hope he leaves on a high after knocking the fuck outta Brock Lesnar.

He is going places....maybe even replace Dana White at the top.

Jon Jones

He could easily be the HW and LHW champ right now if he was able to fight.

By the time hes back... who knows if DC will still be there
If it was easy he would be it now. But he doesnt even believe he can do it without cheating.

Awesome fighter but he will forever be remembered as the guy getting beta'd twice by Jones

Back