Khalil Rountree Has Offered to Step in vs. Alexander Gustafsson @ UFC 227

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Don't see Gustafsson accepting this fight. Very high risk and a very low reward.

I think he'd wash Khalil, but it's still risky.

If I were Gus I would decline, there's nothing to gain from this fight unless he needs the money really bad and this guy is his only option to fight.

I'll take it! :D

Hopefully Khalil come in rare form and win cause we need new blood for the LHW divison.

Last edited:
I think he'll accept if the offer really is on the table. He just wants to fight.

Khalil is a dangerous fight for Gustafsson, at least for the first round. He's explosive as fuck and hits hard. Overall Gustafsson is the better fighter though.

EDIT: I think they might wait until this weekends fights to make a decision. If Shogun, Corey or Smith dominated their opponents they could possibly want one of them to fight at 227 if they're uninjured.

Last edited:
Nah, Alex will call out a MW coming of a loss instead.

Gus needs to take it. Solidify his number 1 contender spot. He has been out a long time..

Squash match imo. Still don’t think roundtree is anything special

I don't see Alexander accepting that one, don't think Gus is completely over his blackguyitis...

I hope it happens. Not as good of an opponent as Volkan but Gus needs to fight it's been too long. Also Rountree can put anyone's lights out.

Take the fight and crush him Gus, got to stay active so people actually remember you for something other than your losses.

If Gus is serious about getting the belt he must take this fight.

If he wants the DC rematch, he'd better take a fight. Doesn't have to be Rountree if someone better is available, but he needs to fight someone. If Shogun fights and wins and Gus doesn't fight, it's gonna be hard to argue that Gus deserves the shot.

i mean good for rountree for KO'ing a shot saki, but gus fucks him up.

haha

shogun vs gus should have been the fight for the belt

dumb noobs
including you OP

Lets see how much of a viking you are Gus

haha

shogun vs gus should have been the fight for the belt

dumb noobs
including you OP
I can't wait for the realization that Shogun is done to wash over you when Anthony Smith thuds an elbow over his temple and Rua's body collapses into itself

Back