Too afraid to buy tickets to UFC 227 because of injuries, weight cuts and boring fights

Newave

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
My friends and I usually go to every UFC event that comes to Southern California but this time we are going to pass. It’s a tough decision to make, because I love going to live events, but UFC tickets are expensive and these days there’s just such a high possibility that someone pulls out last minute or is prevented from fighting by doctors because of a deathly weight cut. And with DJ there’s always a possibility of a drawn out 5 round pitter-patter fight that puts the crowd to sleep. Update: literally just right now I stopped writing to look at the rest of the card and learned just that Volkan just pulled out! This confirms all my fears. I just can’t invest into these live events anymore. It’s sad what’s become of this sport.

I know Cali has a much bigger mma following than Chicago but you can get tickets cheap off scalpers if you hold off until the last minute.

wait just a bit more, maybe one of the main or co-main events will pull out too

I know Cali has a much bigger mma following than Chicago but you can get tickets cheap off scalpers if you hold off until the last minute.
your comment might be directly related to his (insert 'mind blown' emoji here)

I saw Landos first UFC fight because Chiesa pulled out. Go to the event, pay 1000000 per ticket if you have to. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

I tend to think it'd be more fun to attend a live event where you don't have an investment in the fighters. You can't hear anything and your view isn't as good in the crowd as opposed to watching a PPV will full sound and HD close-up.

Only way i buy it is if ortega hopped in it

I cant blame you. It should be pretty clear to everyone right now that the UFC books fights to sell tickets, knowing it is changing the card later. Either that, or injuries have tripled since the company was sold. Selling those wolf tickets!

Losing Gus/Volkan 2 weeks out is horrible. Unless someone steps in to fight Gus, I wouldn't pay more than $60 to attend.

I'm not a huge boxing follower, but this doesn't seem to happen very often in that sport, does it?

I agree, it's hard to buy tickets so far in advance. These guys still have to make weight!

<28>

With fighters pulling out at any time I would be hesitant too if I was specifically going to see some of my favorite guys fight. Save your money and go to a UFC Fight week event (I know it just passed earlier this month). I think you would have 10x more fun then just going to a card. Like others mentioned you can't even see or hear well. Depending on your seats you might be staring at the big screen moreso then the actual cage.

They should probably cancel this event because you're not going.

This is either Dana or a UFC employee who has no better response to the shit product they are putting out.
I like the idea that you think the UFC pays people to shitpost in obscure Sherdog forum threads.

Back