Anderson "The Spider" Silva vs Yoel "No Nickname" Romero

quantiqus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They could sell that fight well. Just imagine...

"Two great strikers, both in their '40s, both great athletes, both can dance a top level salsa, both had their careers tarnished by the supplement companies, and in the end both were cleared (true story, bro!). But only one can win (except for a tie, but ties are so rare). Who is going to be the WINNER?"

Seriously now, that would be a good fight!

maxresdefault.jpg

Who would you pick?!?!?!

It's only a great fight if you are a fan of Romero. He would retire Anderson at this point in their respective careers.

Do it.
Why not?Andy has nothing else to lose and Romero Don’t deserve a tittle match at any WC right now.
Good fight.

If i was Anderson i would retire though.

I like the fight, but I say give Silva a fight with Adesanya first and see if he's ready.

I thought Romero was the “Soldier of God” and that’s why he does that stupid stomping dance while he salutes

I thought Romero was the “Soldier of God” and that’s why he does that stupid stomping dance while he salutes

My bad, I forgot about "God's army".
Maybe an admin can modify the title, thanks!

yall say stupid stomping march thing

i say awesome march on t he stairway to heaven with your soul on his shoulder to present to his gawd

I'm not for it Anderson might have some interesting fights left but getting ko by yoel isn't one of them. Beside yoel can't make weight he should fight a LHW contender like Latifi and earn a shot at that title.

I would prefer it if they thought in Andersons prime

Time isn’t kind to reflex based strikers like Anderson, unfortunately.

Still the goat.

Romero very low, yet violent, output is a recipe for an extremely boring fight against an adamant counterstriker like Anderson. Even if there is a finish later, nothing is going to happen for at least the full first round.

<6>
I don't like this fight for Anderson. Why would you even suggest such a thing

romero would knock anderson out into another dimension.

make it happen wme!!!

If probably say Romero but I’d be closer than you think. Silva’s tdd is on and off but when it’s on it’s pretty good. Not that Brunson is the same at all to yoel but silva stuffed several takedowns from a younger, stronger guy. He also took some heavy shots from Brunson and was fine.

Back