To People Who say DC vs. Brock is bs...

krelianx

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It is obvious Stipe deserves a rematch, given his accolades. But Cormier is a year away from retiring, and no fight in this business pays nearly as much as Lesnar, other than Conor. We are talking several times the amount of money being made. Beating Stipe again wouldn't prove anything other than the first fight wasn't a fluke, but it's not like there is controversy about that anyway.

Now, I want to ask, who would not take the money in this circumstance? If you're about to retire, and you have a chance to make the biggest available payday in MMA as a sport, nevermind in your division, who wouldn't take it?

Seriously, Daniel has earned the opportunity to walk into the sunset with this fight on his back. He has been a workhorse, clean, beat a fleet of killers, and conquered two divisions.

Although I am certainly against Brockroider getting a title shot, I DO get why the Ultimate Farcical Circus is doing it.

17123251389_bed3c3a1ba_b.jpg

Fuck that, every fighter deserves a big pay day.

If he wants the big money Lesnar fight, he should respect the division and the dignity of the sport and do the right thing by vacating the belt. Lesnar isn't a top HW contender and shouldn't be considered for a HW title defense.

So, it should really come down to big money exhibition fight, or he can defend his belt against an actual contender.

You don't deserve a rematch when you get KTFO like that.

Plus if we go by "real sports" standards, whatever the fuck that means, a dethroned champion doesn't get automatic placement in the finals either, it still has to go through the tournament/play-off like everyone else.

Stipe never gave 2 shits about marketing himself, that's his choice but you reap what you sow. The fact that he's just now spamming rematch over social media is laughable and pathetic.

I love DC but he is intent on finishing his career with only one loss and making shit tons of money while he does it. I understand people’s critisism but as a huge fan I’m willing to accept that the double champ does what the fuck he wants!

Stipe got knocked out in the first round. Also rematches are annoying as shit.

If he wants the big money Lesnar fight, he should respect the division and the dignity of the sport and do the right thing by vacating the belt. Lesnar isn't a top HW contender and shouldn't be considered for a HW title defense.

So, it should really come down to big money exhibition fight, or he can defend his belt against an actual contender.

You don't know what you're talking about. DC can't vacate the belt if he wants a big payday because championship pay vs non-championship pay in the UFC is night and day for anyone not named Conor McGregor.

and lol at "do the right thing". Are you 12? Maybe you should do the right thing and stop buying made in China products or supporting corporations that manufacture their stuff in China (i.e. almost everybody), because Chinese workers are being badly exploited. This is the real world, grow the F up.

I know it isn't popular to say this...but what 'accolades'? The dude has the most defenses at HW, with 3.
I know other guys have gotten them for less, but honestly is that really deserving of an automatic rematch, after being knocked out in the first round?

He can/will fight his way back into a title shot within 1-2 fights anyhow, and DC just did something truly special and is looking for 1 or 2 last paydays(which I believe he has more than earned).

It is obvious Stipe deserves a rematch, given his accolades. But Cormier is a year away from retiring, and no fight in this business pays nearly as much as Lesnar, other than Conor. We are talking several times the amount of money being made. Beating Stipe again wouldn't prove anything other than the first fight wasn't a fluke, but it's not like there is controversy about that anyway.

Now, I want to ask, who would not take the money in this circumstance? If you're about to retire, and you have a chance to make the biggest available payday in MMA as a sport, nevermind in your division, who wouldn't take it?

Seriously, Daniel has earned the opportunity to walk into the sunset with this fight on his back. He has been a workhorse, clean, beat a fleet of killers, and conquered two divisions.

I like DC alot but the whole pay day excuse is irrelevant from a sports POV. Brock doesn't belong anywhere near a title shot at this stage and anyone who says otherwise is being intellectually dishonest, it's a simple as that

brock was getting the winner no matter what so it didn't matter that dc won.

I like DC alot but the whole pay day excuse is irrelevant from a sports POV. Brock doesn't belong anywhere near a title shot at this stage and anyone who says otherwise is being intellectually dishonest, it's a simple as that

It is true, but I fail to see why the sports pov is supposed to be isolated from other considerations. From the sports-pov, Brock does not only not deserve a shot, but does not deserve to compete, given his PED historial. That much is obvious.

But I am not asking what is the sports pov, but why would people assume the situation does not include other points of view as well, such as the fighters' financial interest, in relation to which sports considerations have to be weighed. Before we judge a person's decision to do or not do something, we cannot isolate the sports considerations from those pertaining to private interest, since this is after all a professional sport.

I don't give a fuck about DC's pocket, this fight makes no sense whatsoever and should not be for the UFC heavyweight belt. If DC wants to fight Lesnar, sure, but vacate the fucking belt first. Stipe deserves a rematch and the thing is DC can fight Stipe in November and then have his fucking joke of a fight in March. Now if he doesn't want to take risks, he shouldn't be given a easy payday. High risk, high reward. DC isn't taking any risks here. Miocic was the one who took risks with the superfight, HIS belt was on the line.

Ridiculous fight.

I know it isn't popular to say this...but what 'accolades'? The dude has the most defenses at HW, with 3.
I know other guys have gotten them for less, but honestly is that really deserving of an automatic rematch, after being knocked out in the first round?

He can/will fight his way back into a title shot within 1-2 fights anyhow, and DC just did something truly special and is looking for 1 or 2 last paydays(which I believe he has more than earned).

This is also true. Perhaps because of this, it is not as if there is a popular clamor for Stipe to get his due. If there was, he would have a better case, in fact. And it is not, partially, because many could not care for his rather bland personality, or found him overrated anyway.

It is true, but I fail to see why the sports pov is supposed to be isolated from other considerations. From the sports-pov, Brock does not only not deserve a shot, but does not deserve to compete, given his PED historial. That much is obvious.

But I am not asking what is the sports pov, but why would people assume the situation does not include other points of view as well, such as the fighters' financial interest. Before we judge a person's decision to do or not do something, we cannot isolate the sports considerations from the private interest, since this is after all a professional sport.

Because despite the fact that MMA is an individual sport with shit pay, it's still a sport and people will always compare it to contemporary sports like boxing, baseball, etc.

You would never see Brock Lesnar getting a title shot in boxing after the shit he's pulled

I don't give a fuck about DC's pocket, this fight makes no sense whatsoever and should not be for the UFC heavyweight belt. If DC wants to fight Lesnar, sure, but vacate the fucking belt first. Stipe deserves a rematch and the thing is DC can fight Stipe in November and then have his fucking joke of a fight in March. Now if he doesn't want to take risks, he shouldn't be given a easy payday. High risk, high reward. DC isn't taking any risks here. Miocic was the one who took risks with the superfight, HIS belt was on the line.

Ridiculous fight.

Why should Cormier's or the company's interests not matter? I understand they compromise the sport. But far more people want to see Brock vs. DC than Stipe vs. DC 2. And DC will be retiring in a year, which means this is perhaps his last shot to make this kind of fight, and thus money, happen.

Nobody would do otherwise, unless they were already rich beyond measure.

DC is going to look out for himself.

I don't get why people blame the fighters for not looking out for the UFC or MMA's legitmacy. That's UFC's job, and their values have been expressed.

It was well-known Brock was next in-line for a shot.
Funny how Stipe seemed willing to get the Brock payday if he won ;)

Because despite the fact that MMA is an individual sport with shit pay, it's still a sport and people will always compare it to contemporary sports like boxing, baseball, etc.

You would never see Brock Lesnar getting a title shot in boxing after the shit he's pulled

I'm not sure I buy the idea that it is a comparative measure to other sports that provokes the outrage. I tend to think it is more a kind of naivety and intrinsic moralism, which expects the sport to be pure. Which of course it has never been.

Not every fighter deserves a "big payday" anymore than every honest worker in the world deserves to be rich. Unless you eschew meritocratic standards altogether, including those of popularity in a entertainment business .

"He should respect the division and the dignity of the sport"

Why? This is the bigger question at stake. Is it for moral reasons? You don't think Stipe would take the Brock fight and not the number 1 contender, if given the chance, just to respect the sport? It is in the company, the majority of the consumer base, and the champion's interest to make DC vs. Cormier. Why should those interests not matter, since they far outnumber yours?

This is not a sport people partake in for itself. They are here to make a living, support their families, and make bank. Same with the company. Why should "the sport's integrity" outweigh those considerations? To appease your moral expectations? Do you have any idea of how ridiculous that sounds?

What shit exactly? Failed tests for clomiphene? Get real. Mike Tyson went to jail for rape and had a title shot within the year of his release. Jones popped for the same shit + Tbol and people are actively calling for him to be cleared and delivered into a title shot with DC at HW right now.

Brock is a former champion/2x defender, mauled Hunt effortlessly, and generates stupid buyrates. It makes every kind of sense to make that fight, and Stipe absolutely would be making the very same choice if he had won.

Back