Interesting rumour on UFC in Russia and dealings with M-1

Mob69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

This tweet seems to suggest that the UFC is setting up a regional promotion/league (!) called 'UFC Russia', and they are now in business with M-1.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Presumably there will be regional belts (fucking no!) and then more regional promotions elsewhere around the world (fucking no!) if this is judged a success by the geniuses at WME.

https://fighttime.ru/news/item/1425...isku-i-podgotovke-atletov-v-rossii-i-sng.html

The Russian-Chinese Investment Fund, Mubadala Investment Company and the US company UFC have created a joint venture that will focus on the development of the mixed martial arts (MMA) industry in Russia and the CIS, the press service of the Russian Direct Investment Fund reports.

The established company will prepare and conduct sports events under the UFC brand, as well as other areas of work of the UFC in the field of MMA in the territory of the Russian Federation and CIS countries, including the production of licensed products, possession of rights to produced media content, electronic commerce and the conclusion of sponsorship contracts.

At the same time, the Russian company M-1 Global will be connected to the search and preparation of new MMA athletes in the region, which will also be able to participate in the UFC tournaments.

Vadim Finkelstein, president of M-1 Global:

"We look forward to working with the UFC and RCIF on the development of young MMA talent in Russia and the CIS, which will undoubtedly help the development of this sport in general. MMA is already a very popular sport among our athletes, and working with the UFC and RCIF will help bring MMA to a fundamentally new level "

Kirill Dmitriev, general co-director of RCIF, general director of RFPI:

"We are pleased that our American partners appreciated the attractiveness of the Russian market. MMA is one of the most popular sports in Russia, and there are many worthy athletes who can represent our country in the international arena. I am sure that cooperation with the UFC will be attractive not only from the investment point of view, but also will make a significant contribution to the development of Russian sports "

David Shaw, UFC Senior Vice President for International Direction and Content:

"This partnership will become a huge impetus for the development of MMA in Russia and the CIS. We are encouraged by the opportunity to work with Cyril Dmitriev and his team on the development of the UFC brand in one of the key markets, providing quality services to millions of UFC fans in this part of the world "

As it was announced earlier, the UFC debut tournament in Russia will be held in Moscow in the Olimpiisky Sports Complex on September 15, 2018.

Huge if true but I’d prefer less content of a high quality rather than saturation through mediocrity

Now that ACB is folding there's an entire league to buy up lock, stock and barrel. Smart move by Ari and the lads.

Normally I'd be against this but there's more than enough talent in Russia to fill the ranks. They probably just want a farm system or developmental league.

Watch it get successful and Putin comes in and says "This.... This is mine now"

Oh Man - Dana refused to sign Fedor over this

epic

Man,russians MMA scene is going wild, the 2 big players, ACB and FNG with big problems and M-1 now cooperating with the UFC.
Best moment for the UFC to take the russian market over.

Merica, and the UFC, hacked RussiaView attachment 408287
Putin via KO in the first.

Dana and Trump would do noothing.

635521655651250009-AP141802540141.jpg

If Dana moves to Russia he has nothing to fear from #MeToo

Artem Frolov, Alexey Kunchenko, Damir Ismagulov(already rumored), Khamzat Dalgiev, Movsar Evloev(already rumored), Aleksander Doskalchuk can go to UFC

Back