Kicks Cormier had problems with compared to Mirkos kicks.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look at the speed and power of these kicks:

40 year old, post leg break Ando

Nelson landing multiple leg kicks sending DC flying
oo4fyUy.gif
vwcVpk9.gif

Frank Mir
K7gAhkJ.gif

Jon Jones
giphy.gif

Now look at the speed and power of Mirkos kicks to the body:
4726319-0725197683-CroCo.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker-10.gif
RealisticWellmadeHoneycreeper.gif
liver-herring.gif

Look at the speed and power of his head kicks with his left kick (same kick Jones KOd DC with):
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif
tumblr_mhffw2tGXZ1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nigfjmdJMO1rql7h5.gif
33uc293.jpg
cro-cop-head-kick-nog.gif
kotap.gif
24zkr6c.jpg

^^^^^^ Guys in these gifs are of similar height to DC.

I think DC could still beat Mirko but you would have to be silly to think that a guy like this woudlnt give DC major problems. Great takedown defense, balance, foot speed, straight punches, kicking ability, chin, toughness and youth. DC would have to fight the perfect fight and keep his defense on point.

Last edited:

oo4fyUy.gif
vwcVpk9.gif

Frank Mir
TastyAnimatedInexpectatumpleco-max-1mb.gif

Jon Jones
giphy.gif

Now look at the speed and power of Mirkos kicks to the body:
4726319-0725197683-CroCo.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker-10.gif
RealisticWellmadeHoneycreeper.gif
liver-herring.gif

Look at the speed and power of his head kicks with his left kick (same kick Jones KOd DC with):
tumblr_mhffw2tGXZ1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nigfjmdJMO1rql7h5.gif
33uc293.jpg
cro-cop-head-kick-nog.gif
kotap.gif
24zkr6c.jpg

I think DC could still beat Mirko but you would have to be silly to think that a guy like this woudlnt give DC major problems. Great takedown defense, balance, foot speed, straight punches, kicking ability, chin, toughness and youth. DC would have to fight the perfect fight and keep his defense on point.

CroCop was a badass fo sho, but DC would wrassle the brakes off him, TDD or not.

Cormier is next level.

CroCop was a badass fo sho, but DC would wrassle the brakes off him, TDD or not.

Cormier is next level.

No argument there, I think DC could definitely put some wrestling moves on Mirko but Mirko had very good takedown defense. Stuffed Randleman's, Colemans and Watermans takedowns like it was nothing and those guys had all american, olympic level power doubles.

oo4fyUy.gif

Comparison of punches that Crocop had problems with vs DC
8_medium.gif

brendan-schaub_mirko-crocop.gif
ConsciousBreakableCougar.gif

vs
GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

images

It doesnt really mean anything. For all of the dangers mirko presents, DC has all the tools to give a prime Crocop everything he could handle and more too.

No argument there, I think DC could definitely put some wrestling moves on Mirko but Mirko had very good takedown defense. Stuffed Randleman's, Colemans and Watermans takedowns like it was nothing and those guys had all american, olympic level power doubles.

Thats true but he struggled with the clinch takedowns in the Fedor fight and DC is great in this area.

Cormier is next level.
I agree this would happen if you match them now, but if we hypothetically take prime DC and a prime CroCop (pride era) I don't think it'd be so cut and dry.
I like Cormier a lot, but his reaction to kicks is awful considering he comes from a gym named the American Kickboxing Academy.
For me it would be 50/50 between CroCop via headkick or Cormier via decision.

Thats true but he struggled with the clinch takedowns in the Fedor fight and DC is great in this area.

Fedor had some slick sambo trips which Mirko didnt expect but even those had to be earned and Fedor had to walk through some damaging shots.

It doesnt really mean anything. For all of the dangers mirko presents, DC has all the tools to give a prime Crocop everything he could handle and more too.

It means there are areas where Mirko could definitely cause damage to DC.

DC is the better all around fighter, but he's shown to be susceptible to the left highkick which was Mirkos speciality. Also young Mirko had underrated TDD and was extremely athletic and strong.

Would definitely be a great fight, although I think DC would be a slight favourite as long as he didn't slip up.

1. In PRIDE, many top dogs are accepted or suspected to have been using substances; Mirko, Nog, and Sapp are three prime suspects. If DC were fighting Prime Mirko in Japan, this would be a problem. Mirko wins by Soccer Kicks to a grounded opponent.

2. UFC has different rules - Mirko went on a losing streak in the UFC, a few times, actually. He didn't adapt well. I think in UFC rules, Mirko fares against Cormer worse than he did a against Barry, Congo, Mir, or Nelson.

3. Mirko wouldn't be facing the Cormier that slugged around the cage with Nelson or Mir, whatever was up with him those fights. He would be facing the DC who mirked Bigfoot Sylva, the DC who mirked Josh Barnett, the DC who smashed Gus and Rumble.

DC beats Mirko under UFC rules every time.
Mirko beats DC under PRIDE rules 50-50.

2. UFC has different rules - Mirko went on a losing streak in the UFC, a few times, actually. He didn't adapt well.

no shit sherlock. cro cop fought in a ring most of his life, but his ufc run wasnt that bad.

The main reason was probably this: "I'll always believe that my bad period in the UFC started with my injuries... the UFC days, it was injury after injury."

DCs striking defense was/is still fuucken bad, so i favor cro cop.

1. In PRIDE, many top dogs are accepted or suspected to have been using substances; Mirko, Nog, and Sapp are three prime suspects. If DC were fighting Prime Mirko in Japan, this would be a problem. Mirko wins by Soccer Kicks to a grounded opponent.

2. UFC has different rules - Mirko went on a losing streak in the UFC, a few times, actually. He didn't adapt well. I think in UFC rules, Mirko fares against Cormer worse than he did a against Barry, Congo, Mir, or Nelson.

3. Mirko wouldn't be facing the Cormier that slugged around the cage with Nelson or Mir, whatever was up with him those fights. He would be facing the DC who mirked Bigfoot Sylva, the DC who mirked Josh Barnett, the DC who smashed Gus and Rumble.

Weak keyboardsmanship and mma knowledge all around.

All I have to add is holy SHIT I never get tired of those gifs of Mirko headkicking Mark Hunt. Goddam he's got a chin. Only person I can think of to withstand multiple flush headkicks from cro cop

it would be a cool fantasy matchup. 2005 roided crocop vs prime cormier

Back