Randy Couture vs Pedro Rizzo (robbery)

Espresso

Post USADA era will make UFC great again
@Silver
Reaction score
What is the concensus with this fight? Even Randy's face after they announced his decision win was like: <Dana05>

Rizzo got robbed

haven't watched that fight in years but i remember thinking rizzo definitely got robbed.

it was a very close back and forth fight... i wouldnt call it a robbery but it could have gone either way....Handy absolutely mauled him in the first round but he also ended up with no gas by the 2nd round and Pedro came back with vicious legkicks, you dont see heavies throwing them like that nowadays. Handy did in the rematch what he wanted to do in the first fight, though.
One of my favorites tbh.

Last edited:
Was a clear 3-2 for Rizzo if memory serves.

It was a hard fight, could have gone either way. Coleman-Rizzo was another close fight, Coleman should've won imo.

One of the greatest fights of all time.

Amazing wrestling and GNP from Randy early and beautiful low kicks and Muay Thai from Rizzo down the stretch. Unbelievable cardio and toughness shown by both fighters. Today's Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights could only dream of putting on a performance like that.

Here is a link to the fight

https://m.ok.ru/dk?st.cmd=moviePlay...859271&st.hls=on&_prevCmd=movieLayer&tkn=8791

Im a big fan of Randy but its common knowledge from vets that Rizzo was the winner.

That was probably the earliest decision i remember where i went WTF?

UFC_31_Locked_and_Loaded_Poster.jpg

s-l300.jpg

pedro-rizzo-knees-randy-couture-at-ufc-31-on-may-4-2001-in-atlantic-picture-id107909457

couture-rizzo.jpg

2001_original.jpg

4149_eb.jpg

randy-couture-is-victorious-over-pedro-rizzo-at-ufc-31-on-may-4-2001-picture-id107909295

One of the greatest fights of all time.

Amazing wrestling and GNP from Randy early and beautiful low kicks and Muay Thai from Rizzo down the stretch. Unbelievable cardio and toughness shown by both fighters. Today's Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights could only dream of putting on a performance like that.

Here is a link to the fight

https://m.ok.ru/dk?st.cmd=moviePlay...859271&st.hls=on&_prevCmd=movieLayer&tkn=8791

What's with that link? Looks a bit sus...

Im a big fan of Randy but its common knowledge from vets that Rizzo was the winner.

That was probably the earliest decision i remember where i went WTF?

If I remember:
R1- Randy clearly.....close to a 10-8 (can’t remember if they were around at the time)
R2- Rizzo clearly
R3- Randy edges it
R4- Rizzo, but can see the unitiated giving it to Randy
R5- Rizzo

Never thought of it as a robbery per se, but thought it was clearly 3-2 to Rizzo. I’m guessing R4 was the swing round.

Are judges scorecards available anywhere?

It was karma, Rizzo robbed Coleman after all.

Back