Fights that were booked, fell thru and ultimately never happened?

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love this sport....but sometimes I really hate it lol plays with my emotions toooo many times. Sometimes the MMA god's don't like to spoil us too much.

Name some fights that were officially booked & fell thru that you were looking forward to. You can include some that could still go down but won't be the same. Some of mine include...

Rampage/Thiago Silva
Cruz/Barao
Hendo/JJ
Aldo/Pettis
Barnett/Fedor
Condit/Brown
Mir/Velasquez(UFC 146)
Rumble/JJ

Just to name a few...yeah sure most of these can still happen but the appeal is certainly lost...let's her some of your biggest disappointments

Jorge Riveria vs Alessio Sakara is the fight that would have caused the apocalypse.

Conor vs RDA. Literally the biggest fight that didn't happen.

Also this:

nAtnfHnZlM2WzyFkFmx53M8H4ywXXwSwV9bAlMIMlG8.jpg

I have a sad feeling we could never see Khabib vs Tony. What are we on now? like Khabib vs Tony part 5574609263580 and still hasn't happened o_Oo_O

Tony vs Khabib
Fedor vs Barnett
RDA vs Conor
Aldo vs Pettis
Jon Jones vs Hendo
Goat Dom Cruz vs Barao

Randy Couture vs Arlovski.Not sure if it was official but then Randy took the drop down to 205 title shot vs Chuck.

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Wanderlei Silva. That would have been the ultimate Pride FC match up. Literally.

Rashad vs Shogun

Booked for 2011 for the LHW title then rebooked in 2016 and it never happened.

Brock vs JDS

Carwin vs Cain (rebooked to Brock vs Carwin which fell apart)

Aldo vs Pettis

Fedor vs. Randy. I believe the fight was signed until UFC stepped in and stopped Randy because he was still under contract.

Conor vs RDA is what i wanted to see the most

Forrest Griffin vs. Lyoto Machida. It was scheduled for UFC 70, which would have been a good time during both of their careers.

Hoyce vs Kerr then Hickson vs Kerr

Hoyce vs Maurice

Hickson vs Beast

Last edited:
Frank Shamrock vs Dan Henderson

Hendo won fights against Goes and Newton (although I would have given that decision to Newton).

Hendo quit the UFC and pursued more lucrative opportunities in RINGS, and then PRIDE.
Would have been great to see him challenge Frank.
(Yes, I know they had a friendly grappling match when Hendo knew nothing about submissions).

Aldo vs Pettis

Brock vs JDS

Khabib vs Ferg

Khabib vs Max

Conor vs RDA

Back