What Does Dillashaw Need to do to Become the BW GOAT?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Beating Garbrandt again and by stoppage is huge imo.

Then beating any combo of Rivera Moraes and/or Assuncao, again.

Thoughts?

Obviously beating Cruz (and I think he would in a rematch) would be big for this to come true; however, I don't see Cruz coming back soon, sadly.

Dillashaw's resume has wins over: Barao x2, Assuncao, Lineker and Garbrandt right now. He is only 32, so I think he definitely has time to get more big wins, if he doesn't chase Demetrious Johnson.

beating cody twice? I think that's enough. he would have 3 title defenses. cruz has 5 but one of them was against the ghost of urijah faber. I guess joe soto would be the equivalent? but yeah maybe one more title defense

I think after beating Garbrandt and Cruz, it would just take another title defence or two to seal it.

Garbrandt and Moraes would debatably do it

Those two wins plus a Cruz rematch or DJ would seal it as far as I'm concerned

Edit: Gotta think about what Cruz might have done without those injuries though. There was a while where no one could touch him but he couldn't get in the cage

Needs to beat Garbrandt and Cruz then defend at least 5 more times against the likes of Moraes, Rivera etc.

Beating Garbrandt imo possibly Moraes. It seesms like people don't give TJ the credit he deserves because they do not like him personally.

It's still a possibility for him to avenge both the Cruz and Dodson fights.

Dodson was 2 split decisions away from being the number 1 contender.

You pretty much said it all. I would say beating DJ at either weight class would be big as well

beat cody, beat dom, beat 5 more people, and don't lose

Best garbrant again and a couple more
Or beat Cruz after garbrant would do it as well

Even though he didn't really lose to Cruz he didn't beat him either so he needs that.

Thoughts?

Obviously beating Cruz (and I think he would in a rematch) would be big for this to come true; however, I don't see Cruz coming back soon, sadly.

Dillashaw's resume has wins over: Barao x2, Assuncao, Lineker and Garbrandt right now. He is only 32, so I think he definitely has time to get more big wins, if he doesn't chase Demetrious Johnson.
Best Cruz.

For a resume above reproach, Garbrandt, and somewhere down the line, avenge his losses to Dodson and Cruz, but Cruz is probably not coming back, and Dodson may not be able to work his way towards a TS in time.

Personally I'd say beating Garbrandt is enough, and then whoever comes next, preferably Moraes, would be the cherry on top. I know MMAmath is not accurate, but beating Moraes and Lineker, who went the distance with and beat Dodson, seems close to avenging that loss.

His only competition is Cruz. And I had TJ winning that fight, and a rematch was definitely warranted.
The best version of Cruz seemed to be that third rematch with Urijah, what a waste.

I think he needs to fix things with Cruz.

Beat Cody and than Cruz, but to cement an all time legacy that will be hard to catch, he'll need 3-4 more defenses after that.

Thoughts?

Defend his title maybe?

I love the MMA crowd these days. Every fighter becomes the greatest ever as soon as they get a title.

Back