Brendan Schaub "The 1 Time Jon Jones Was Clean He Looked Like Sh*t - He Looked Average"

vadrigar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Btw can anyone link that epic Jon Jones promo he mentioned at 2:32?

Last edited:
Does he look more or less shit than that one guy with a 6-5 UFC record?

Compared to his past performances and fight with DC afterwards, it could apply. Name another fight where he looked like that.

Beating a top 10 (maybe top 5 at the time?) guy 5-0, without looking like he's in danger, having OSP on the backfoot nearly the whole fight and coming of long layoff means he looked like shit?

That either speaks to the standard of fighter Jones is or the calibre of his opponents, I think its the latter and I also think Schaub is suffering from CTE, cause he dumb as fuck. He is MMA's Skip Bayless, everything for the headlines even though it goes against his own opinions, he knows he's bullshitting.

Yet he won 50-45 and broke the guys arm. Yup, that's average.

It is so hard to find flaw in an unbeaten record. Jones beat OSP as a glorified sparring session. He cruise controlled the whole fight and took no damage. But people see what they see..

Beating a top 10 (maybe top 5 at the time?) guy 5-0, without looking like he's in danger, having OSP on the backfoot nearly the whole fight and coming of long layoff means he looked like shit?

That either speaks to the standard of fighter Jones is or the calibre of his opponents, I think its the latter and I also think Schaub is suffering from CTE, cause he dumb as fuck. He is MMA's Skip Bayless, everything for the headlines even though it goes against his own opinions, he knows he's bullshitting.

He has sucked Jones nuts hard many times in the past. I guess this is a new take. Suddenly.

He looked better against OSP then he did in the first Cormier fight imo
His technique was much sharper

Salty DC sitting on commentary for the fight has sold people a false narrative.

I re-watched that fight a while ago, and Jones literally got hit twice with right hands. And his chin is so great he just looked at OSP like "Yeah so" Other than that he backed him up, and easily cruised to a win.

Also, how does Schaub know he was "clean"?

The OSP fight (which was originally supposed to be the DC rematch) was the fight that Jones bulked up for. The steroid accusations were at their zenith at that time.

This is a reversion to the mean for Schaub. Had a couple of decent takes on Dana. Now, he's back to talking out his ass.

OSP is 11-6 in the UFC, so yeah it was pretty average, especially since he then got KO'd by Jimi Manuwa in his next fight.

Against OSP, he didn’t look like the Bones we saw headkick DC in the 2nd fight.

He was slow and threw tactical knee strikes and range.

Against DC he was full on terminator mode throwing 20 strikes per minute.

He couldn't finish OSP who took the fight on short notice, fought 3 rounds with a broken arm, had been wrecked by Glover months earlier, & killed by Manuwa months after.

Well...

That avarage jon jones would get up from his couch and beat anyone not named daniel and gus without much effort.
Do you see him losing to any of the names below, even if he fought like he did in the OSP fight?

2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Ilir Latifi
5 Jan Blachowicz
6 Jimi Manuwa
7 Ovince Saint Preux
8 Mauricio Rua
9 Corey Anderson
10 Misha Cirkunov

Seriously.... The worst jon jones possible is still better than 99% of the fighters in the planet

Last edited:
Back