Antônio Carlos Júnior (Shoeface) calls out Paulo Costa for Sao Paulo FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/anton...paulo-costa-for-ufc-fight-night-137-headliner

SIR

I could get behind this, maybe not as the main event, but more likely a co-headiner. I had a feeling that Shoeface would be rescheduled for Sao Paulo after Derek Brunson was forced out of their bout at UFC 227. Props to him for calling out a fellow Brazilian, which seems a bit out of character for most Brazilian fighters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ever since the UFC started regularly contesting events in Brazil (2011/UFC 134), there has been one (1) with a headliner between two Brazilians (Werdum vs. Nogueira).

Not sure if Costa would be ready for another fight in quick succession. I did not hear of any injuries to him during the Hall firefight at UFC 226. I am sure that the promotion will be careful to give Costa the right opponent if featured in a headlining bout.

Last edited:
XD I cringe always when unranked guys call out like #5 contender on a winning streak. You really think he's going to take a step back? my god...

It makes a bit of sense, but they won't make it. Costa is ahead in the rankings logically, but not as far as his fanboys think. Shoeface isn't too far off himself, but he needs one major win to get on the same level IMO.

Costa vs. Adesanya

Shoeface vs. Hmmm.......Branch?

I like those fights.

Lol...Shoeface.

bYT6Uif.png

Tai "Shoeface" Tuivasa? Also no way Costs takes this he's only looking at top 10 opponents right now

XD I cringe always when unranked guys call out like #5 contender on a winning streak. You really think he's going to take a step back? my god...
Yeah but that isn't the situation here

I don't like the fight but it would be #11 vs #8...Not really an outlandish callout

Would watch.

Shoeface always brings it, and Costa has looked like a killer.

Why is he calling out Costa when he has a fight against Derek Brunson in a couple weeks at UFC227? Brunson is no easy out, he should worry about him first.

Hell, Brunson is #6 in the rankings so he'd probably jump to that spot, ahead of #8 where Costa is if he wins. Not sure what he's complaining about.

Costa #8 (4-0 in UFC; all TKO finishes)
Shoeface #11 (7-2, with 1 no-contest in UFC; TUF winner)

<mma4> I like that call out, I like it a lot...

Paulo Costa is the second coming of Ubereem.

Rejoice!

????

Costa is ranked #8 in the UFC Middleweight Rankings.

Antonio Carlos Junior is ranked #11, and is on a 5 fight win streak.

They both have momentum, and the fight would make sense as a fight between the "respectful" shoeface versus the cocky Costa.

for the 'sport'part, he has a point. he has more wins and is in a bigger streak, why should be ranked lower than Costa? What he doesnt understand is that this 'sport' is moved by hype

Shoeface could go on to win the title, and I’d still never be able to get over him getting worked by old man Kelly. Costa via destruction.

Don't see this happening... Paulo is getting groomed to be a contender. Plus. Israel seems like his next opponent.

Back