Chad Mendes left hook?

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Watching the Mendes fight vs Myles I noticed how friggin fast Chad's left hook was in their first exchange. He missed it, but I recall thinking to myself how it looked like it was in fast forward. When he landed it I wasn't surprised at all.

Was his left hook always that damn fast or is this a new development?

UFC Mendes had/has pretty fast hands , yes.

Watching the Mendes fight vs Myles I noticed how friggin fast Chad's left hook was in their first exchange. He missed it, but I recall thinking to myself how it looked like it was in fast forward. When he landed it I wasn't surprised at all.

Was his left hook always that damn fast or is this a new development?
Nothing special about his hooks or straights but he hits like a truck

He's always been generally fast with his hands, it's just the lack of reach that seems to hold him back. See: Conor fight.

He's always had fast and heavy hands.

He's been hanging out with RJJ...

Full Camp Mendes vs Motivated BJ Penn is the fight to make , thats as intriguing as Chuck with that look in his eyes vs TRTVitor .

1.gif

Chad’s the guy who actually cracked the structural integrity of Aldo’s chin, McGregor just finished the job

Edit

When Garbrandt gets his lights put out again by Killashaw I’d love to see USADA Mendes try to drop to BW and fight TJ. Not sure if Chad could make 135, but he’s definitely not as beastly looking as he was 2 1/2 years back.

Chad’s the guy who actually cracked the structural integrity of Aldo’s chin, McGregor just finished the job

Edit

When Garbrandt gets his lights put out again by Killashaw I’d love to see USADA Mendes try to drop to BW and fight TJ. Not sure if Chad could make 135, but he’s definitely not as beastly looking as he was 2 1/2 years back.
I don't think Chad either has the capacity to cut down, nor is he willing to lose the muscle to do it.

Edit

Chad would destroy tj. I think most top 145ers would. It would be more interesting to see chad vs khabib or rematch against connor or a fight with ferg, those he has a small chance to lose.

He didn't have good striking before Ludwig, but he was always fast.

He still doesn't have good striking. Just a big overhand.
It got worse. He was improving with Duane, better? He was more confident, threw more variety,switched stances, was accurate, and mixed i strikes with take downs. Chad was most dangerous when Duane was his striking coach is all I'm saying.

Back