Are we ok with The Mouse dodging TJ in his own weightclass?

2arctanx

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TJ (not a fan of his btw) was ready to go down to mouse poop weight and fight The Mouse but it never materialized. I find that extremely offputting.

MM is a coward and it's a joke that anyone mentions him in the P4P list. UFC should cut his division altogether and get rid of the waste.

He complains about not being popular or getting pushed by the UFC but then prices himself out of the biggest fight if his life. In his own weight class no less

It would have been pretty silly for DJ to originally accept the TJ bout for no pay increase one week before Conor/Floyd.

Everyone likes to quote Dana's "We were going to give him PPV points" line, while ignoring that those PPV points wouldn't have been worth anything.

Now that DJ's got his contract renegotiated, I think the fight will happen soon. Maybe this year.

Last edited:
TJ (not a fan of his btw) was ready to go down to mouse poop weight and fight The Mouse but it never materialized. I find that extremely offputting.

Good. You should be off pudding, losing some weight is good for you.

Assuming Cejudo doesn't pull out an upset over him and win, I expect Mighty Mouse to fight the winner of Dillashaw vs Garbrandt in his next fight. Both guys have expressed an interest in dropping down to DJ's weight and fighting him, and both title fights were booked together on the 227 card for a reason.

I don't understand this at all. If TJ can make the weight, how can he refuse the fight?
I don't give a fuck about Dillashaw, but the UFC should really start to implement mandatories.

What a horrible shitshow of cherrypicking, ducking, holding out and freak injuries it has become.

WMMA IS THE WORST THING IN UFC

MM 2nd place

did TJ ever go down to his weight, and didnt he JUST win the belt with no defenses in his fight before he called out might midget? I guess I could see why he would deserve a shot if TJ actually held and defended and was a dominant champion like MM. but didn't he lose his first defense to a knee-less Cruz? I haven't really followed these guys in a while so my details could be off, but honestly doesn't seem like their two bodies of work really even out. Mouse must want a hefty paycheck for what is otherwise an all risk no reward fight. Inter-divisional title fights only make sense when it's two dominant champions like DC vs Stipe.

Better yet if TJ was so hungry to fight in two divisions and leave a lasting legacy, why didn't he offer to go up and fight the other newly crowned champ around his weight? Max Holloway was in need of a fight after drubbing Aldo the first time wasn't he? Or is TJ only interested in fighting guys smaller than him that he has all the natural advantages over? Better yet why are all you fuckboys swinging off his nuts for that? You dorks are cherry picking manlets.

They should just dissolve MM's division so he is forced to fight in TJ's division. He will get handled by TJ, Cody and Cruz.

There's a reason mm is neck and neck with Nunes in PPV sales.

In before the DJ defense crew comes into this thread with a million excuses.

This didn't need another thread.

TJ is not a flyweight. Get over it.

In before the DJ defense crew comes into this thread with a million excuses.

I don't know why DJ needs an excuse at all. Since when do title holders have to take a fight against someone from another weight class? It's pure nonsense from people who dislike DJ. Those fights usually happen because the title holders want the big money. The problem is DJ is not being offered that kind of money.

I don't understand this at all. If TJ can make the weight, how can he refuse the fight?
I don't give a fuck about Dillashaw, but the UFC should really start to implement mandatories.

What a horrible shitshow of cherrypicking, ducking, holding out and freak injuries it has become.

Your logic is flawed saying "if he can make the weight". No one has any idea if he would make the weight because he has never fought at flyweight before. That's kind of the problem.

MM is a coward and it's a joke that anyone mentions him in the P4P list. UFC should cut his division altogether and get rid of the waste.

Sherdogger calling a UFC champion a coward. That's pretty classic.

giphy.gif

Back