Conor vs GSP for the 165lbs title seems like the most likely fight

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Crowns the first 165lbs champ and first 3 division champ.

Biggest fight of all time and the winner can just pick who they want to fight next at first since there is no division. Great way to cherry pick good style match ups starting a new division. This is how Rousey was made

For two guys wanting money fights and to pick their opponent, this is likely to happen. Doesn't matter if Conor wins or losses against Khabib. He fights GSP at 165lbs after

The 3 remaining fights for Conor:

1. Khabib
2. GSP
3. Mayweather 2

the logical choice, considering Conor's love of $$$
Also, he needs those 2 first fights to "prove and redeem himself" in the publics eye after Mayweather beating him

Given we have heard nothing from the people who matter about a 165lb division, this scenario is probably the least likely.

Biggest fight of all time and the winner can just pick who they want to fight next at first since there is no division. Great way to cherry pick good style match ups starting a new division. This is how Rousey was made

For two guys wanting money fights and to pick their opponent, this is likely to happen. Doesn't matter if Conor wins or losses against Khabib. He fights GSP at 165lbs after

GSP is gonna have to come to Conor @ 155 . Conor just moved up from 145. No sense in him moving up again.

Shoop by @Sansnom

giphy.gif

Would watch. I'll take gsp by sub in rd2. I've actually become less and less opposed to a 165lbs division.

Khabib. GSP. Diaz.

It would be an incredible last ride.

it will be a boring fight just like Nick vs GSP, Nate vs Benson with GSP finishes Conor

Battle of the two most overrated/irrelevant/semi-retired fighters in a weight class that doesn't exist?

Would make no sense to make another division 5 lbs below another existing one when there's currently gaps as big as 20 lbs between others that aren't hw. I'm down for a full weight class reform but just plugging one in seems dumb

You forgot that if they add a 165 division they would then need to eliminate the 170 and create a 175 division. Which will be a pain in the ass as long as Tyquil has the belt.

I think there's a good chance this fight gets made, Khabib after all has made it clear numerous times he doesn't want to fight Conor.

It would be kinda shady if the UFC forced Khabib to fight someone who has already traumatised him outside of the cage.

Would make no sense to make another division 5 lbs below another existing one when there's currently gaps as big as 20 lbs between others that aren't hw. I'm down for a full weight class reform but just plugging one in seems dumb
To add a 165 division they have to also change 170 into 175.

It would make sense to also create a 195 at the same time.

170 would get bumped up to 175, rankings would stay the same.

I hope not. Making a weight class only 5lbs difference to the WW division makes it pretty easy to become a 2 division champ. The only weight class they should ever consider bringing in is making 205-245lbs as CRUISERWEIGHT and 245lbs and above as HW

I agree. this fight would be great but meaningless. great because it will open a must needed division, but meaningless because they would be champ of a completely new division

buddy, it's implied that 170 would go to 175

Back