What has Dana White done for the sport?

quantiqus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I keep hearing this phrase and I would like to know exactly what he has done for the sport.
Serious question for the older fans who were watching UFC 1, 10, 50 live.
He signed fighters that nobody else couldn't?
He marketed the UFC brand with his own original ideas?

Has he done more for the sport than guys like Chuck, Tito, Randy, BJ who made the sport more mainstream?
Or "stars" like Conor, Brock, GSP, Silva?
Or even Rogan who promoted MMA and UFC everywhere he went?

He stole from Vale Tudo, rebranded it(gradually made it "viewer friendly"), got some loans from the Fertittas(>>they<< always stick together) and suckered 1000s of dumb fighters from their money

He ran the day to day operations for an MMA company & raised its stock to over $5b from a few million.

As big as a dick as he is, that is pretty insane to do in 15-16 years

I keep hearing this phrase and I would like to know exactly what he has done for the sport.

Has he done more for the sport than guys like Chuck, Tito, Randy, BJ who made the sport more mainstream?

He is a good promoter and outspoken representative.
He was basically a BizDev for Fertittas - promoting THEIR ideas and contacting people instead of them.

Was he good at what he did? Yes. But it's much less than anyone make of it.
He was never a REAL PRESIDENT of a company, and doesn't really govern anything.

He ran the day to day operations for an MMA company & raised its stock to over $5b from a few million.

As big as a dick as he is, that is pretty insane to do in 15-16 years

I don't remember him being a COO. I think there always have been others that are responsible for operational part - Larry Epstein, behind the door iron hand, comes to mind.

And raising stock? Definitely Fertittas.

he introduced roids to promoters and company owners, roids he pays from stealing the fighters deserved money from sponsors and s***t

Watch his interview with Graham Bensinger, it should give you some insight.

If the Fertittas were the money and brains behind the operation then Dan was their muscle on the front line, chasing down people and getting deals done.. He did a shit load for the company.

The Ferritas were the true geniuses who made the UFC what it is. Dana played a significant part too, but not as big as he or his defenders would like you to believe. The promotion would be bankrupt and gone if Dana were in complete control throughout the earlier years. Case in point: He originally hated the idea of The Ultimate Fighter and fought against it. Of course, as everyone including himself now admits, if they hadn't had done it and if it hadn't of been the success that it was, the UFC would have gone under.

Jesus ..... I thought you died or something.
ilived.jpg

MMA was pretty much unknown as a sport and there was absolutely no money being made in it until Dana took over the UFC and made it into what it is today.

It was his idea to put that Nickleback song "Face the Plague" for the PPV intro. That probably turned off a few hundred thousand fans.

If the Fertittas were the money and brains behind the operation then Dana was their muscle on the front line, chasing down people and getting deals done.. He did a shit load for the company.

Perfect way to put it

but don't expect it to go over well ;)

He was against the ultimate fighter. He was against the women's division. He was against lower weightclasses for the longest time too, and now his main star was built from a weightclass he didn't want to see included.

He was behind the Reebok deal. He publicly trashes his biggest stars like GSP. He trashes up and comers too. He was so ignorant to Fedor that he wouldn't come to the organization. He brought in CM punk. He ensures fighters make pennies compared to what he makes.

He does talk a lot about how hard he works and all the "deals he's chased down" and stuff like that though. Take his word for it. Nothing would be anything without him.

He was against the ultimate fighter. He was against the women's division. He was against lower weightclasses for the longest time too, and now his main star was built from a weightclass he didn't want to see included.

He was behind the Reebok deal. He publicly trashes his biggest stars like GSP. He was so ignorant to Fedor that he wouldn't come to the organization. He brought in CM punk. He ensures fighters make pennies compared to what he makes.

He does talk a lot about how hard he works and all the "deals he's chased down" and stuff like that though. Take his word for it. Nothing would be anything without him.

The bold was Lorenzo btw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back