BJJ Scout's fight analysis: Gus and Jones were better prepared / had better fight IQ's than Stipe

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
BJJ Scout's fight analysis: Gus and Jones were better prepared / had better fight IQ's than Stipe:

For sure they did.

Stipe was just charging right in on DC, with little respect for his power.

Gustafsson gave DC a harder fight than the Greatest UFC HW Champion...

i dont doubt that stipe's camp prepared him well and had a plan

but it definitely doesnt seem like he used it when he was in there

he had no respect

Jon Jones has the highest fight IQ in combat sport history, this is factual. Hence his undefeated and impeccable fighting record

Stipe really showed his weakness in the fight with DC

Low fight IQ
Doesn't use range effectively

Perhaps Stipe was taking DC lightly.

Jon Jones has the highest fight IQ in combat sport history, this is factual. Hence his undefeated and impeccable fighting record
Hmmm...thats a pretty definitive statement. I would say Fedor & Jones had/has the best fight IQ in MMA history

Meh, he just got caught in the clinch. He wasn't doing bad before that. He probably could have jabbed more, but it was a close fight until then.

Stipe is also facing a better D.C. than his previous opponents.

Fighters need to try and exploit D.C.'s ground weakness more. The problem is, he fights mostly wrestlers who don't try to dissect him when he's on his back. D.C. is rather weak there. They look to ride, and D.C. just gets back up.

There definitely needs to be a rematch.

Stipe has never been that good.

Lets look at his biggest wins.

Werdum literally ran to him liie an idiot...werdum was high off those stupid mask.

Overeem almost KTFO and choked em out.

Ngannou, rocked em pretty bad.

Dude was never champion material imo...his fight iq was shit..and he was lucky the hw division was weak as fuck.

Stipe would had trouble being top 10 in pride.....or top 10 in the heavyweight division during 2003-2011.

Gustafsson gave DC a harder fight than the Greatest UFC HW Champion...
Not only that. DC called it.

"I already beat the best boxer in my division, and I'm not sure Stipe would beat him"

Werdum literally ran to him liie an idiot...werdum was high off those stupid mask.

Dude was never champion material imo...his fight iq was shit..and he was lucky the hw division was weak as fuck.

Stipe would had trouble being top 10 in pride.....or top 10 in the heavyweight division during 2003-2011.
Dude...

I would pick Reem to beat DC at heavyweight

Reem would pick him apart with hilarous ease

Back