Colby Covington vs Nick Diaz

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 546119

I can't be alone in thinking if this were to ever happen, and it might if Colby beats Woodley, that Colby would destroy Nick

Better cardio, wrestling, pressure. I think Colby finishes Nick late after he cuts him up. Hate colby if you want but he's good and has an incredible gas tank, the best i've seen of recent from any fighter

Nick in his prime would put up a good fight. Right now, I see him getting wrestlefucked

Colby via decision.

What is up with all these Nick Diaz threads lately?? Give it a rest, he isn't coming back.

This is one matchup I don't want to see, as I like both fighters.

There’s a chance it would resemble Matt Hughes pounding his brother behind the barn
<6>

"Destroy" might be pretty strong.

I could see him wrestling the brakes off Diaz perhaps, but that's not exactly "destroying" an opponent.

That said, I would watch the hell out of this fight should it ever happen.

Colby couldn't take the boomerang, imagine all the shit Nick Diaz would throw at him.
I'll watch

Colby via decision.

What is up with all these Nick Diaz threads lately?? Give it a rest, he isn't coming back.
I can't figure them out either. He's going through a few felony charges now, so sure his name is in the news, but he's definitely not fighting again. Hasn't won a fight in almost seven years, hasn't fought in three and a half now, and yet it's mostly the hardcores' appeal of him fighting. I know his work so I know what he's capable of, but a wrestler like Colby would shut Diaz down so he wouldn't be able to do much besides throw middle fingers off his back all night.

I love Nick but this would be an extremely tough figh for him being inactive for like 4 years

I love Nick but this would be an extremely tough figh for him being inactive for like 4 years
Agreed he has had way too much time away from the sport during his prime and even now that he is able to fight...he is stating 2019...imo that means never fighting again as we have heard it before.

I honestly believe that Diaz is going to end up like the Iron Sheik a crazed SOB that 20 years out of his prime still thinks he can fuck up anyone.

<PlusJuan>

TS isn’t unbearable in the OP of a Colby thread. This must be a first.

I will not assault you with the usual insults, generally about being involuntarily celibate, because they’re fitting— anyway, I agree TS. Not sure he would get the finish, but it would look like the GSP fight, maybe even worse.

Colby would be to scare to stand and bang so he will just try to suck his dick for 5 rounds like he did with RDA and win another of his now famous boring decisions.

This fight is one of the fights when the build up would be 100x better than the fight itself.

Nick's toughness, cardio, pressure, and jiu-jitsu could give Colby trouble, if Nick were in his prime. Who knows what shape he's in now.

Either way, I'd be excited to watch this one.

It seems absurd to say Colby has better cardio than Diaz, we would have to see it play out.

Nick is better at MMA adapted jiu-jitsu and Colby's last loss was getting tapped out in the first round. So you have that.

Colby should be a substantial favorite because he's been busy fighting ranked opponents and Diaz hasn't fought in years. I think Colby can out wrestle Nick for 3 of 5 rounds for a fairly straight forward decision.

It would be an interesting one to watch.

IMO Colby can't get past Woodley, and is likely to get knocked out, so we'll see how it all shakes out.

Nick has to beat the court first... but then this fight will be a even more boring version of the St Pierre fight...

Nick's toughness, cardio, pressure, and jiu-jitsu could give Colby trouble, if Nick were in his prime. Who knows what shape he's in now.

Either way, I'd be excited to watch this one.
RDA's higher level jiu jitsu (and better wrestling for that matter) posed 0 problems for Colby.

Back