Dana White keeps rewarding fighters for missing weight and ducking fights

NorrisB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I would fire Dana right now. He was done a horrible job. I think if you miss the fight you miss the fight, you should be stripped of the belt right there. Same as it is in college you miss your test you missed your test, 0/100 no make ups. Similar thing with activity, you don't defend every 6 months your stripped.

Bisping was allowed to hold up a division for not one but two fights that were not even against MW contenders, he got his belt from a guy that faught him on short notice. If I'm a champion I don't take short notice fights.

McGregor was allowed to hold up two divisions for a multiple years with no title defenses and will be given an instant title shot if he comes back.

Rewards Romero with a title shot after missing weight against Rockhold so he could miss weight again and make a main event a non title bout.

Probably will reward Ortega for not taking a fight with Stephens. Edgar was punished for taking a fight on short notice with Ortega since he lost, I would give Edgar or Stephens a shot over Ortega. Already ducking people and he's not even a champion.

Darren Till will certainly be rewarded.

Holloway is probably going to get to hold onto his belt forever. Dude should have been stripped the first time.

Woodley going to be hitting 1 year since his last title defense, no threat of being stripped.

Khabib and Tony Ferguson LOL, what a train wreck that has been.

Cain Velasquez, Aldo, Nunes the list goes on.

Last edited:
It's "The Money Era".

I believe Dana is not the one who makes these decisions.

I think if it's a "stripped no excuses" 9 months to a year is more realistic.

Dominick Cruz spoke about 5 round fights and how training for one is like working an 80 hour work week. He explained that asking champions to fight as frequently as guys who are trying to climb is not realistic and it makes sense. Plus this is a sport with a 100% injury rate. You WILL get hurt, so that recovery is expected. Just some things to consider

I think if it's a "stripped no excuses" 9 months to a year is more realistic.

Dominick Cruz spoke about 5 round fights and how training for one is like working an 80 hour work week. He explained that asking champions to fight as frequently as guys who are trying to climb is not realistic and it makes sense. Plus this is a sport with a 100% injury rate. You WILL get hurt, so that recovery is expected. Just some things to consider
But if you're injured you are not the best right? The champion is supposed to be the best. You should not be pulling out over every little hang nail, and if you're too hurt well you arent the best anymore. Training without getting injured is apart of the game, if you do 2,000 leg extensions every day like Velasquez or kicking metal pulls like Tony Ferguson crap like that should be punished. You punish by not giving makeups. Look how often students get sick when classes offer makeups such as high school, my classes would be half empty on test day, college they all of a sudden rarely get sick for tests, why? No makeups.

If Aldo knew he would be stripped against McGregor you think he would have pulled out over a bruised rib? I was not nearly as interested in the fight when they rescheduled that.

Last edited:
Probably will reward Ortega for not taking a fight with Stephens.

Edgar was punished for taking a fight on short notice with Ortega since he lost

Holloway is probably going to get to hold onto his belt forever. Dude should have been stripped the first time.
LOL thank god you are just a sherdogger and not someone whose opinions matters in the fight game.. Edgar wasn't punished in anyway, he CHOOSE to fight and lost, deal with it now, Ortega was smart and didn't wanted to fight a totally different opponent with 2 days notice for NOTHING, that's not what he signed for, dude is the #1 contender as he should

also, imagine stripping Holloway because of a concussion-related issue.. if Holloway is out for a while, that's when a interim makes sense, but it should be Ortega vs. someone else, definitely not Stephens-Edgar again

If only the UFC was as tough of a workplace as your college.

Not as bad as someone getting a title shot after failing a drug test in their previous fight and who's lost 2 of their last 3 fights in 8 years, the only one not a loss being a no contest due to the failed drug test.

LOL thank god you are just a sherdogger and not someone whose opinions matters in the fight game.. Edgar wasn't punished in anyway, he CHOOSE to fight and lost, deal with it now, Ortega was smart and didn't wanted to fight a totally different opponent with 2 days notice for NOTHING, that's not what he signed for, dude is the #1 contender as he should

also, imagine stripping Holloway because of a concussion-related issue.. if Holloway is out for a while, that's when a interim makes sense, but it should be Ortega vs. someone else, definitely not Stephens-Edgar again
Edgar went from a title shot to a title shot against Holloway to a match against Cub Swanson, that's a big downgrade, punishment means "inflict a penalty or sanction on someone for (such an offense)" that's definitely a penalty as anyone would prefer a title shot against Holloway. Edgar would have been better off pulling out of the fight all together like Ortega did. Which is rewarding doing nothing, anyone something you'll get more of it, do you need more fighters doing nothing?

Edgar explicitly said he took the fight with Ortega because he had 8 months of inactivity and needed to fight. Ortega was already deserving of a title eliminator and was on a 5 fight undefeated UFC win streak. That fight made all the sense in the world.

Now we find Ortega having knocked Edgar dead in the first round of his last fight, which was only 4 months ago. It is compltely different circumstances. Stop comparing the two.

But if you're injured you are not the best right? The champion is supposed to be the best. You should not be pulling out over every little hang nail, and if you're too hurt well you arent the best anymore. Training without getting injured is apart of the game, if you do 2,000 leg extensions every day like Velasquez or kicking metal pulls like Tony Ferguson crap like that should be punished. You punish by not giving makeups. Look how often students get sick when classes offer makeups such as high school, my classes would be half empty on test day, college they all of a sudden rarely get sick for tests, why? No makeups.

If Aldo knew he would be stripped against McGregor you think he would have pulled out over a bruised rib? I was not nearly as interested in the fight when they rescheduled that.
Ok but we've seen what happens when they don't pull out, Ngannou vs Lewis. I'd bet if the Holloway fight didn't fall through he would have pulled out cause of his back. Let me tell you, I wish he did because watching a hurt fighter hobble around is not entertaining.

dana would sell his own family if he got a good price for them

Back