Mark Hunt’s lawyer considering amending lawsuit against UFC in wake of Brock Lesnar’s return

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Christina Denning, the attorney for Hunt, told MMA Fighting that she is considering amending her complaint in the lawsuit in the wake of Lesnar’s return. Hunt has alleged that the UFC, White, and Lesnar have committed racketeering, fraud, battery, and civil conspiracy, among other things, with regards to Lesnar’s failed drug test in relation to Lesnar’s fight with Hunt at UFC 200 in 2016.

With Lesnar now back on the UFC roster and about to earn a title shot, Denning believes it could bolster Hunt’s case.

“We debated whether or not to, while the motion to dismiss is pending, to alter the complaint again, to keep adding more facts regarding the way that the organization works and perhaps the unfairness of it,” Denning said. “So, that’s something that we have not done yet, but we definitely [might] with all the buzz around [Lesnar] coming back.”

Christina Denning, the attorney for Hunt, told MMA Fighting that she is considering amending her complaint in the lawsuit in the wake of Lesnar’s return. Hunt has alleged that the UFC, White, and Lesnar have committed racketeering, fraud, battery, and civil conspiracy, among other things, with regards to Lesnar’s failed drug test in relation to Lesnar’s fight with Hunt at UFC 200 in 2016.

With Lesnar now back on the UFC roster and about to earn a title shot, Denning believes it could bolster Hunt’s case.

“We debated whether or not to, while the motion to dismiss is pending, to alter the complaint again, to keep adding more facts regarding the way that the organization works and perhaps the unfairness of it,” Denning said. “So, that’s something that we have not done yet, but we definitely [might] with all the buzz around [Lesnar] coming back.”

The lawsuit alleges that the UFC, White, and Lesnar intentionally pushed back Lesnar’s signing for UFC 200 to as late as possible, so Lesnar could avoid USADA until a month or so out of the fight. Lesnar has admitted in interview that he began his negotiations with the UFC months earlier.

“On information and belief, WHITE and UFC were intentionally delaying the announcement because LESNAR was using banned substances and needed additional time in order to circumvent testing procedures,” the complaint reads.

Since the amended complaint was filed, Denning said the judge in the case, which is in U.S. District Court (District of Nevada), has ruled that the claim of breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing will go before a jury sometime in the future. The other charges, including racketeering conspiracy (RICO), fraud, battery and more, are still pending motions to dismiss, Denning said. Hunt’s legal team has filed oppositions and is currently waiting on the judge to make a decision.

“I kind of have a feeling that the judge has heard enough of our arguments and the complaint hasn’t changed a whole lot,” Denning said. “So, there might be just an order that comes out some day soon that tells us what’s in and what’s out.”

There could be more to chew on now that Lesnar has returned in a position of favor, though, Denning said. She said that the situation shows that it “actually pays to take the [banned] substances” if you are a UFC star.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I hope Hunt wins.

24zkr6c.jpg

I just want to skip ahead and see what actually comes of this, because it seems likely to me that nothing will come of it, but I hope I'm wrong.

<BirdieOwn>

Is he still on about this?

<24><Waaah>

Get over it Hunt. You got your ass beat and outstruck on the feet by Lesnar after a 5 year layoff. Now he’s about to fight to DC. Jacked white boy, deal with it.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>bork1}

Funny he never cried in Pride or sued pride which encouraged PEDs........seems like sour grapes to me.

brock is just a jacked white boy. hunt has cried rivers of tears through the last couple of years just because he got manhandled

I love Mark hunt and iv know he got cheated, but he's acting like this is the first time he's fought a roider?

Lots of dudes still roid as much as they can get away with, and Mark had to know going into a fight with Brock that he was going to be on the juice. That's kind of Brock's thing.

his lawyers are just stringing him along and draining him of his funds.

I love Mark hunt and iv know he got cheated, but he's acting like this is the first time he's fought a roider?

Lots of dudes still roid as much as they can get away with, and Mark had to know going into a fight with Brock that he was going to be on the juice. That's kind of Brock's thing.
<JagsKiddingMe>
Moreover, the guy was compensated handsomely. What the fuck more does he want???

When you used to watch this carefree, likable, silent slugger in Pride and his unlikely success story in the UFC, did you ever envision him being this big of drama queen?

Let it go, man.

Tired of his crying. If he was so against PEDS, why did he even accept the fight in the first place? You can take one look at brock and see that he's a walking pharmacy, Mark knew what he was signing up for. It's like going out with a well known whore and getting mad because she cheated on you.

When you used to watch this carefree, likable, silent slugger in Pride and his unlikely success story in the UFC, did you ever envision him being this big of drama queen?

Let it go, man.
/Thread

Hunt before the fight: Who cares if he has PEDs ill KO him, i dont give a fuck

Hunt after getting destroyed : ITS NOT FAIR! HE HAD PEDS! PLEASE DADDY LAWYERS HELP ME!

Lesnar have committed racketeering, fraud, battery, and civil conspiracy, among other things
lmao his lawyer is more brain damaged than he is.

Back