ATTN: UFC Owners. Wanna Bring Back Fan Interest? Bring Back Tourneys

Bobby Boulders

My Lovin' Is Digi
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In another thread the TS wondered what would become of the titles if DC retired with both HW and LHW belts. No better time than to have the first UFC Grand Prixs, imo. We all know TUF is the UFC's self proclaimed "toughest tournament in sports." But is it really? Who here wouldn't tune into a tourney featuring the 8 best available at each weight class with the winner becoming the division champ? Make it the 12 best available and have two alternate bouts.

But, the divisions aren't very deep right now, right? What a perfect way to create some stars and some drama, both of which the current owners are looking for, in spades.

The UFC needs to shake some things up. The product is stale af at the moment. Sometimes, the best thing to do to look towards the future is to look to the past. Not only would a lot of us hardcores not mind seeing this happen, most people in general love tourneys, and they may be able to gain back some older fans familiar with the format who fell off.

Who's with me? They claim to put on the fights the fans wanna see, maybe if we show interest they will bend to our will?

latest

It's all great until someone gets injured and a replacement comes in and fucks up the flow.

That's why they don't do it

It rarely works.

GP's are the logical next step for the UFC, especially with all the title vacancies recently.

It's all great until someone gets injured and a replacement comes in and fucks up the flow.

It rarely works.

I disagree. A late replacement coming in and winning fights is still exciting and generates interest as a dark horse.

It doesn’t work. Most fights result in both guys being injured! I don’t think a tournament ever worked (i.e. no injuries) since Mark Coleman and don Frye back in the 90s

Uhh... they decided the 125lb #1 contender with a tournament

Just crowned a 125lb women's champ with a tournament.

Nobody gave a shit. OP disproven.

Tournaments are great for finding talent when you need it. UFC has talent, they just need to promote it better.

Bro, you know I'm with you.

giphy.gif

It rarely works.

(SOLUTION: No replacements) If your next opponent can't fight, you advance (or, win the belt, if it's the Final). It's how every other "individual" sport does it.

Dont worry thing are gonna pick up brock and connor are on their way

They should just merge with the WWE and get it over with. UFC hasnt been a legit sport in years and that is why they brought Lesnar back.

Roided up freaks with little skill that can bring in the mouth-breather PPV buys over actually trying to earn those buys with legit contenders.

Actually, that word there, contender...that is the reason for the UFCs downfall. Its not about putting on a great card, its about only using fights were someone can move up the boxing style rankings for a title shot. I would pay to see Mark Hunt fight for the title over most of the guys in the HWY division because I KNOW the man will fight his heart out and put on a good show, in fact, I would rather watch Hunt lose 6 x in a row than most of the other guys win 6 in a row man hugging and hoping the judges will say he won...but the UFC isnt about that anymore. Its all about the rankings.

Better than random interim titles.

It rarely works.
I mean, the last big tournament winner became a double champ

They should hold 1 or 2 tourneys a year.Do it how Pride did it.

Back