Scoggins

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I searched around couldn’t find any threads, what’s the general consensus? Scoggins gave that look when the decision was read like WTF....He clearly fucked us by coasting in the third, but was the decision correct?

I searched around couldn’t find any threads, what’s the general consensus? Scoggins gave that look when the decision was read like WTF....He clearly fucked us by coasting in the third, but was the decision correct?

So you want us to watch this fight?

The general consensus is he messed up by coasting, but still deserved the win.

Who? Oh you mean the guy with his name tattooed on his back yeah well zero fucks given.

I thought Said won and it wasn't even close, which makes all this outcry so bizarre to me.

I follow him because I used to go and see him fight in the amateurs in South Carolina..He also has that Karate style and trains with WB I think..

Scoggins is one of the most talented fighters who never wins.

Last edited:
Hes kinda a scumbag ins that the guy who didn't make weight then bitch at his opponent for not taking the fight?

Can't help but laugh/feel sorry for him. I've made bank on his terrible submission defence in the past but lost money on him against Said.

He fights his best fight defends almost all the TD's, shows better sub defence and then loses a decision

<{anton}>

watching it live, i thought scoggins was going to get the nod. after re-watching it, i can see how said got the win. i think it comes down to the first round. it wasnt a robbery, though.

i think the problem is the corner telling scoggins he was ahead. if there was open scoring, he'd have known it was 1-1 going into the 3rd round, and maybe turned up the pressure.

yeah 17 of 17 media outlets scored it for Scoggins and most of the media members are better judges than actual real judges so there is that. So far this fight can be called as "Robbery of the Year"

I thought Said won and it wasn't even close, which makes all this outcry so bizarre to me.
Hello Byrd, didn't know you had a Sherdog account.

He backed up all 15 minutes. It was Condit vs Diaz but with a better decision.

He was robbed, but i could care less about that division.

This dude can't catch a break lol

Skill wise IMO he is probably top 3 in the division. One of the best strikers at 125, and a damn good wrestler too. His sub defense and mental game are lacking though.

In this fight he finally managed to (seemingly) fight smart and avoid handing his opponent a gimme submission, so instead he gets robbed by the judges lol. I felt bad for him. Agreed that he shouldn't have coasted, but you need to consider his history. There have been several fights he has been dominating before making a dumb mistake and getting caught in a sub. Moraga and Sasaki come to mind. Both those fights he was easily winning before handing his opponent a sub on a silver platter. So I'm sure that comes into play and I'm sure he was thinking I am NOT going to let that happen again. No dumb TD attempts, no reckless shit.... and he executed to perfection most of the fight and still comes away with the L

Scoggins is pretty unlikable for a variety of reasons. As another poster mentioned, not making weight isn't a cardinal sin but complaining about your opponent when you don't make weight is.

The guy is talented with low fight IQ and a big mouth, not a particularly great combination.

In my view he won a fairly uneventful fight the judges got wrong. It wasn't egregious enough that people made a stink about it, just mildly bad judging in my estimation.

Back