Should we get Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos IV?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The fight would make sense from a ranking standpoint.

JDS just beat former WSOF Heavyweight champion and lost a HW title fight before that. He's probably angling for a Stee-Pay rematch, but I doubt we'll see that.

Cain is also coming off a win, but from 2 years ago. Before that, it was a title loss vs. Werdum.

Either guy being viable for a title shot is highly debatable. Even unlikely, perhaps. Should these two fight one more time or no?

ZNsdll3.jpg

The fight would make sense from a ranking standpoint.

JDS just beat former WSOF Heavyweight champion and lost a HW title fight before that. He's probably angling for a Stee-Pay rematch, but I doubt we'll see that.

Cain is also coming off a win, but from 2 years ago. Before that, it was a title loss vs. Werdum.

Either guy being viable for a title shot is highly debatable. Even unlikely, perhaps. Should these two fight one more time or no?

ZNsdll3.jpg

We won't see anything new there, so the fight is pointless.

I don't think that fight makes a lot of sense, and there are a lot of better alternatives (either Cain-Stipe or JDS-Stipe III).

Not only is the fight pointless but Cain can't compete anymore, way to fragile. The JDS/Stipe fight is way more interesting to the crowds.

JDS vs Werdum or Cain vs Werdum makes more sense. I'd prefer Cain vs Werdum and JDS vs Ngannou.

Cain vs JDS 2 & 3 already took years off of JDS's life. Give the man a break.

Let's not and never bring it up again. Cain won the rubber match. Let's see them fight other people.

I'm afraid that when Cain will be finally healthy, JDS will be long retired....

Umm. They’re both a shells of there former selves. I really don’t have any interest to watch them fight again. It will be uninteresting. I’ll pass

When 2 complete beat downs where years of life was taken off fighter just isn't enough

According to Khabib, Cain is ready to fight but the UFC are lowballing him and he won't fight for peanuts.

You still haven't made a single argument as to why it should be made, only a few on why it isn't completely indefensible, at least in theory. (Though with Cain yanked from rankings due to inactivity, what's ranking have to do with it?) In reality we've been there, seen it, got the T-shirt, and ruined the T-shirt in the wash already. And with JDS still displaying the same flaws that Cain ruthlessly exploited twice, what's the freaking point?

Not only is the fight pointless but Cain can't compete anymore, way to fragile. The JDS/Stipe fight is way more interesting to the crowds.

you dont think JDS could beat cain do you......

I love JDS but come on. There's no need for this fight. I don't want to see Junior die in the cage.

I am one of the few that would like to see this and I give Junior a decent chance at this point or maybe even at any point in the last few years.

Last edited:
Back