Maybe fighters should try this....

shino

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ask themselves realistically how hard their current weight cut situation is for them on a scale of 1-5. Then if you put yourself at a 4 or 5 try moving up for one fight to see how it feels. Take whatever type of fight you would be comfortable taking like a tune up fight with a lower tier guy, a ranked guy (if you have the name to do so), or maybe even another fighter trying his hand at a higher weight class. If camps could get together and shop the idea out and convince enough fighters to do so in an organized way it could potentially help some of these weight cut issues. Idk it was just a random thought I had. I coulda gone into more detail but I didn't want it to be too long of a read. Tell me your thoughts.

Last edited:
Plenty of guys try it, it just doesn't always work. You lose that one fight and then feel the weight class just isn't right

That would involve trusting fighters.. some of these guys will do anything to get an advantage in that Octagon.

You think they should think about their careers...very astute

Will you be my guru?

giphy.gif

That would involve trusting fighters.. some of these guys will do anything to get an advantage in that Octagon.
You wouldn't really have to trust anything because you sign to fight at a certain weight. All you're doing is moving up a weight class one time to see how it feels. You can always return if you didn't think it benefited you.

Been saying this for years "random weigh ins" show up at their gym and put them on the scale. If they are way over their current weight class limit do a mandatory bump up to the next class.

Have to admit, you kinda hit the nail on the head here. lol. Still I think it's a more realistic solution than something like adding weight classes. (Outside of what OneFc does to curb weight cut issues. I think every large organization should do what they do.)

Ok I get it dicks! No more starting threads when high. Thank you for your well thought out criticisms and insights. Lol

Uhh, you know that except for Conor and GSP, fighters generally don't get to just choose their opponent, right?

Ok I get it dicks! No more starting threads when high. Thank you for your well thought out criticisms and insights. Lol
dont be like that. You can get high and make retarded threads, just don't get mad if people make fun of them.

And to be serious for a second, this does happen already, an example would be Paul Felder going up to face Mike Perry. There are plenty of other examples too, sometimes it works, sometimes they get crushed and go back down.

dont be like that. You can get high and make retarded threads, just don't get mad if people make fun of them.

And to be serious for a second, this does happen already, an example would be Paul Felder going up to face Mike Perry. There are plenty of other examples too, sometimes it works, sometimes they get crushed and go back down.
I was saying all that in jest lol. I was having fun with it all. Trust me when I tell you it takes quite a bit more to rustle my jimmies. :cool:

I think fighters are fighters and weight cuts are weight cuts.

Back