Demetrious vs Sergio Pettis would be a pretty terrible title match

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Demetrious commented that he would rather fight Sergio than Dillashaw because of pay reasons, but this fight would have to be one of the worst ones. Sergio got dominated by Cejudo two fights ago, and then barely scrapped a decision aganist Benavidez.

I thought they shut that shit down? MM still stacking up the defences against people who don’t belong in the cage with him?

Wait until he ask for rematches with Cariaso, Borg and Reis

Terrible for the fans maybe but not terrible for DJ. He gets his usual championship rate and crushes another over-matched opponent. That's basically DJ's MO at this point.

Demetrious commented that he would rather fight Sergio than Dillashaw because of pay reasons, but this fight would have to be one of the worst ones. Sergio got dominated by Cejudo two fights ago, and then barely scrapped a decision aganist Benavidez.

because of pay reasons? TJ is a bigger star. ducking confirmed.

529993.jpg

To be fair, if DJ isn't getting paid accordingly for fighting TJ I can't blame him for saying no.

However, Sergio does not deserve a TS just yet. He needs AT LEAST another top 5 win.

I really can't determine if Benavidez declined greatly or Pettis has really improved, or maybe a touch of both....... I would like to hear people smarter than me talking about that..... I sure as hell did not expect the fight to go the way it did.

Mighty Mouse would make short work of either guy as they fought a couple of weeks ago.

Ill let my 7 year old son fight him. Since they are the same size and tired of watching the same rematches over and over.

Whos going to be PUMPED for
MM vs Borg XI? GTFO

MM is confirmed duck and feeding off cans padding up that record. Actually provide exciting worthwhile match ups.

Terrible for the fans maybe but not terrible for DJ. He gets his usual championship rate and crushes another over-matched opponent. That's basically DJ's MO at this point.

I'm starting to not like dj all that much..he's going for the easy way, instead of challenging himself...that to me is being somewhat of a coward...he's definitely not on the same level as guys that have moved up in weight to challenge themselves...

I predict it does 30k buys.

To be fair, if DJ isn't getting paid accordingly for fighting TJ I can't blame him for saying no.

However, Sergio does not deserve a TS just yet. He needs AT LEAST another top 5 win.

pettis would get absolutely murdered against dj...it would be the biggest mismatch we've seen in years...

These kind of posts are so laughable. He gets "over-matched" opponents, who have competitive fights with everyone else in the division, but, when they get in there with DJ, they are over-matched.

Maybe that's because DJ is just THAT good? It has nothing to do with his opponents being bad, it has everything to do with him being that damn good. You guys that go off suggesting DJ is fighting bums is beyond dumb, these guys all have competitive fights between them that are generally pretty damn good. They're cans because DJ manages to beat them all? Sick logic guy

If TJ beats Cody I hope he goes down and takes one fight at Flyweight so DJ doesn't have any reason to deny him. I respect DJ and what he's done but he has nothing left in the division. I guess this Cejudo matchup is slightly interesting because I believe he was pretty green in their first fight but still. I can't imagine DJ doing well in that fight because he seems to really not like that matchup which never is a good start to a fight. He did decent against Cruz and that was a lot time ago and he's way better than he was. Wish he would man up and accept a challenge but it seems like TJ will have to make it undeniable for this to ever happen.

Demetrious commented that he would rather fight Sergio than Dillashaw because of pay reasons,

<{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}><31>

Yup. And Benavidez got a gifted decision over Cejudo.

Cejudo got all time robbed in that fight. I've watched it twice now, and for the life of me can't figure out how Joey B. got the nod in that fight.

<{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}><31>

Cejudo got all time robbed in that fight. I've watched it twice now, and for the life of me can't figure out how Joey B. got the nod in that fight.
I think it has to do with Megan. She is powerful.

These kind of posts are so laughable. He gets "over-matched" opponents, who have competitive fights with everyone else in the division, but, when they get in there with DJ, they are over-matched.

Maybe that's because DJ is just THAT good? It has nothing to do with his opponents being bad, it has everything to do with him being that damn good. You guys that go off suggesting DJ is fighting bums is beyond dumb, these guys all have competitive fights between them that are generally pretty damn good. They're cans because DJ manages to beat them all? Sick logic guy

DJ is fighting bums. He's literally in the youngest, smallest and weakest male division in the UFC, a division that has seen no champion other than himself. Aside from the women's divisions, they're the worst. His opponents fighting competitively against each other means absolutely nothing. I used to fight competitively with my ex all the time, but we're still both bums. The one time he fought at BW he got owned, maybe that's changed, maybe he's better, but we won't ever know because he's ducking BW challenges like it's the bubonic plauge.

Back