Question to Sherdog

Bend NvR Break

Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.
@Steel
Reaction score
So I read the FP's article on Greg Hardy and it got me thinking.

If Greg Hardy doesn't deserve forgiveness or a second chance at MMA why did Gus deserve one?

Greg Hardy got into a domestic dispute with his girlfriend.

Gus randomly attacked a guy AND his girlfriend. He physically, intentionally hurt both of them.

Both were found guilty. Gus went to prison. Hardy had his charges dropped after his ex refused to show up to the appeal. (They worked out a deal and she stopped cooperating with prosecutors). Both were roughly around the same age at time of incident.

Bottom line imo is if Hardy doesn't deserve a chance to correct his mistake and move on with his life Gus definitely doesn't deserve to be in the UFC either. I think it's hypocritical to support Gus while bashing/attempting to ban Hardy.

Thoughts Sherverse?

(And to make my stance clear I think both deserve a second chance. Imo if you didn't murder or rape/molest anyone after you serve/finish your punishment you deserve a chance to move on with your life and not have past mistakes haunt your future. So I personally believe both should be allowed in the UFC)

The only people who want Hardy shunned from MMA are the people who are afraid to witness the first A-level athlete in his physical prime compete at heavyweight.

Last edited:
Domestic abusers are savage fighters handpicked by the Just Bleed God. Get all of em' in the UFC.

who the hell is greg hardy?

If Greg Hardy doesn't deserve forgiveness or a second chance at MMA why did Gus deserve one?

Gus randomly attacked a guy AND his girlfriend. He physically, intentionally hurt both of them.

Both were found guilty. Gus went to prison. Hardy had his charges dropped after his ex refused to show up to the appeal. (They worked out a deal and she stopped cooperating with prosecutors). Both were roughly around the same age at time of incident.

Bottom line imo is if Hardy doesn't deserve a chance to correct his mistake and move on with his life Gus definitely doesn't deserve to be in the UFC either. I think it's hypocritical to support Gus while bashing/attempting to ban Hardy.

Thoughts Sherverse?

(And to make my stance clear I think both deserve a second chance. Imo if you didn't murder or rape/molest anyone after you serve/finish your punishment you deserve a chance to move on with your life and not have past mistakes haunt your future. So I personally believe both should be allowed in the UFC)
Both scumbags that deserve second chances but i could care less if they had ever gotten one.

Don't give a shit unless you're like Yoel/Jones/Chael/Anderson/Barnett/Rothwell who are gunning for a reckless amount of PED abuse.

Your personality doesn't matter. If you raped 4 women, shot and killed 10 men, molested children, ect... If you've done the time (gone through the legal system), go ahead and fight. This isn't a sport for role models. This is cagefighting. People in NFL (American football) circles still never forgive Michael Vick for his dogfighting ring activities. Dude served his time (far too much in my honest opinion), and then lived his life after.

Let the legal system handle the dirty stuff, cage fighters aren't role models. I'm here for the entertainment. If you hate Gus, hate Greg, that's cool. They both went through their respective legal systems and have done their penalties (or lack thereof). I'm cool with it.

Last edited:
If you raped 4 women, shot and killed 10 men, molested children, ect... If you've done the time (gone through the legal system), go ahead and fight.
Someone who has done all of that is not leaving prison.

Ray Lewis killed a guy and had an entire NFL career. Mike Tyson was convicted of rape and made millions boxing afterwards. And many other examples. If you don't want to watch or put money in his pocket, don't watch.

Thoughts Sherverse?

Nobody actually gives 2 shit what Greg Hardy did. Sheeps brainwashed by the outrage culture just love to react and virtual signal. They'll move on 2 days later when they see another Trump tweet. I for one love Greg Hardy for who he is: massive, explosive B+ level athlete with tons of drama attached. Great for popcorn.

Ray Lewis killed a guy and had an entire NFL career. Mike Tyson was convicted of rape and made millions boxing afterwards. And many other examples. If you don't want to watch or put money in his pocket, don't watch.
Ray didn't kill a guy. His friend killed a guy while Ray was present making Ray a potential accessory to the crime.

Saying Ray killed a guy is being disingenuous.

The only people who want Hardy shunned from MMA are the people who are afraid to witness the first A-level athlete in his prime compete at heavyweight.

I think he's B+, not quite A. He won't be HW champion with 6 months of training, barring a flash KO based on what he showed against Lane. He'll need more like 2 years + 4-5 fights. The UFC is bringing him up nicely with the developmental contract. I see him as UFC champ in 2020. None of the D level HWs in the UFC would stand a chance against him at that point.

Whatever makes money ts, remember that in the fight game especially

I believe in second chances for people who own up to what they did and show some remorse. I'm not sure Greg hardy has done either but I do think he's been punished in that his NFL career is effectively over. I'm glad he seems to have gotten his second chance but I'll never root for him.

People in NFL (American football) circles still never forgive Michael Vick for his dogfighting ring activities. Dude served his time (far too much in my honest opinion), and then lived his life after.

I'm not so sure. He played in the NFL again after serving his time and made the Pro Bowl. He won several media awards as well. And he became Philadelphia's franchise player. I'm sure Giants fans went crazy with dogfighting memes, but Vick is an example of a guy who paid his dues and was received back, not of a guy who wasn't forgiven.

You could add Rumble to that list as well. Second chances are fine, just don't watch if you don't approve. If enough people don't watch and ratings are low for cards with domestic abusers on them, UFC might get the message.

Ray didn't kill a guy. His friend killed a guy while Ray was present making Ray a potential accessory to the crime.

Saying Ray killed a guy is being disingenuous.
My bad then. I don't know why I've always thought it was him that killed the guy.

Dude has had multiple chances, he just doesn’t give a fuck.

Back