Stipe the overhyped champ vs DC

Ufc1son

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Through out the history of mma we've had goats like Fedor and greats like Big Nog, Randy Couture and Werdum.
Just dont feel Stipe is up there w/wht these champs have done.

Beating Overeem and Hunt who are 2 old Pride dinosaurs.
Beating Werdum who got caught cuz he was reckless.
Beating Francis who was dangerous but inexperienced.
Stipe is tied 1-1 with JDS.

Dana is not going to be happy til that belt is off Stipe.
Looking at this gives me the feeling DC will beat Stipe. DC wont be out wrestled and his chin stood up against Rumble and Volkan,so that wont work.

Stipe himself isn’t very compelling.
If his name was Casey Hines or something more American I think he’d be more popular.

He’s at this weird place where people either like him or don’t care. I have rooted against him every single fight

Stipe is much more talented then the rest of the division. That JDS fight I thought he got robbed anyways. If he beats Cormier I'd say he's the best HW of all time.

I don't think Stipe is overhyped. He's got the record for ufc hw title defenses, all of which were against top 5 competition, and he still has plenty of guys like you saying he's not that good.

Through out the history of mma we've had goats like Fedor and greats like Big Nog, Randy Couture and Werdum.

Looking at this gives me the feeling DC will beat Stipe. DC wont be out wrestled and his chin stood up against Rumble and Volkan,so that wont work.

Stipe is overrated, and DC is the better fighter,..but he’s also the older, fatter, shorter, and smaller fighter.

So a reasonable expectation is for DC to do really well for maybe two rounds and then get caught and knocked the fuck out.

Lol Stipe is the exact opposite of overhyped. If anything he's underrated af given his record.

What is it with all these random Stipe discrediting threads? Finishing Hunt Werdum JDS Overeem and dominating Francis is definitely impressive and have earned him talks with other greats as he has the most title defenses in HW history as well. He is easily up there with Randy and Werdum. Ill never understand why it bothers people when others think a fighter is great and gives them their due credit.

Lol Stipe is the exact opposite of overhyped. If anything he's underrated af given his record.
45WW0wy.jpg

The beating fighters out of prime-thing can be twisted and turned to your liking. It has been done with each and every dominant champ ever, and the greater and more dominant they are, the more it comes into play.

Say, Stipe beats DC. DC would obviously be considered out of prime, and a lhw. Say DC beats Stipe, Stipe is overrated cuz he lost to a lhw, who lost twice to Jones, but Jones is a cheater and wouldn't have beat DC clean ... And so on and so forth.

Facts are that Stipe is the most accomplished UFC hw champ ever. Judging by number of title defenses and the opponents he has beat.

props to dc for taking this fight since its a bad matchup for him

i have stipe by knockout. if rumble sent him across the octagon and dc played rockem sockem with volkan, stipe will land on him and put him to sleep. 80 inch reach as well

I thought he was annoying at first but honestly there is no doubt he is a great champ and amazing MMA fighter overall, here are the things I like about him:
- Finisher
- Legit ONE PUNCH KO power
- Active champ
- Legit record with many top fighters
- Dominant champ
- Consistent and getting better
- Humble aka no fake wwe drama shit

and I'm actually rooting for Cormier but I think Miocic will get the win, for me is like 65-35 towards Miocic

Overhyped?

He is the most shit on HW champ since Sylvia. He holds the HW record for defense and knocks most guys out and people still shit on him. He constantly gets bashed for not drawing well despite the UFC only having like three noteworthy draws alltogether.

Overhyped my ass. He might be the most underrated HW champ ever looking at what he has done.

Stipe haters are pathetic.

Stipe:not fan of his personality, but he is kinda always underdog, he has 4 UFC belts...lol, overrated yeah right...

Stipe himself isn’t very compelling.
If his name was Casey Hines or something more American I think he’d be more popular.

He’s at this weird place where people either like him or don’t care. I have rooted against him every single fight

Stipe's main problem is his refusal to promote the fight...he does his thing, then goes back to his blue collar job...which I personally think is a mistake. imagine michael jordan working as a construction worker...it kinda takes away from your mystique....for a pro athlete to still be working a regular job, in my mind takes away from you, it certainly doesn't add to your persona.

Not to mention, he has very little charisma...cool guy and all, he just doesn't get people to want to watch him.

Stipe isn't flashy or charismatic, which I believe leads to him being under-hyped. There is nothing really interesting about him, so he doesn't bring out passion or emotion in fans. But he is absolutely a beast and a very talented and dangerous heavyweight. I think he would've beaten Cain at is best, Werdum at his best and a prime JDS may be the only modern heavyweight that would give him serious problems. I think he's going to smash DC. And then we'll see what happens when Jones gets at him...

Stipe is awesome. Dana is just sucks. Dana didnt get his way with Cain so dana gave up on the heavyweight division. I hope stipe beats the shit out of every person they throw in there, says a boring mumbled speech after each one then retires. I want to see danas fat red face with every mumbled word that comes out if stipe mouth.

I don't think DC has been doing anything special other than surviving Rumble to beat him. Volkan was super overrated and beating washed up MWs in Silva and Henderson doesn't mean much. He also got a split decision against Gus.

Stipe has been far more impressive IMO.

You're a moron.

Who was the guy who had all the hype in his last fight? The UFC promoted the shit out of Ngannou and almost everyone was saying Stipe was going to lose.

Hell, Stipe was the underdog in most of his fights even if he keeps winning.

Stipe isn't overhyped at all. If anything, he's underrated.

PS: Just realized this thread was made by a whitebelt. Typical shit post.

I like Stipe, and want him to be champ for a long time, but he is quite overrated on these forums. I believe he beats DC.

Back