Curtis Blaydes feels ready for Title Shot but still wants revenge against the PREDATOR!

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

giphy.gif

I’m only open to [taking another fight] it if it’s (Francis) Ngannou. That’s really the only one that wouldn’t really be about the money. That would be about, like, I just want to run that back. And I’m not [making excuses], he won fair and square. I let him hit my eye too many times and that’s what happens, the doctors have to be involved. So he did a great job, but I would like to get a full 15 minutes with him.

But that’s only if I don’t get the title shot, because I think I’m ready. I think you can make the argument it makes sense based upon the rankings and the current matchups. Ngannou’s already had his turn, and to be honest, he didn’t even look good. And I think me beating Alistair in the fashion I did is a bit, on paper, looks better than (Alexander) Volkov beating (Fabricio) Werdum in the way he did. Not taking anything away from Volkov, I just think my win is slightly better than his, so I think it puts me ahead of him.

He’s right about Ngannou. He did horrible against Stipe.

What is your thing with middle names??

Blaydes would ragdoll Cormier and Ngannou in a rematch

Not sure about Stipe as Stipe is the better striker but has pretty untested TDD

Blaydes has grown on me. He gives no fucks.

I think you can make the argument it makes sense based upon the rankings and the current matchups. Ngannou’s already had his turn, and to be honest, he didn’t even look good. And I think me beating Alistair in the fashion I did is a bit, on paper, looks better than (Alexander) Volkov beating (Fabricio) Werdum in the way he did. Not taking anything away from Volkov, I just think my win is slightly better than his, so I think it puts me ahead of him.

<mma4>

Seems reasonable.

I think a win over Werdum is better than a win over Overeem. It's the rarer accomplishment.

Can't fault his logic here. Either way I'm in! Curtis is proving to be a force.

He didn't have much for Francis in the first fight, though that's a fight that would make sense en route to a title shot.

That's quite a bold claim.

Quite. If the fight stays on the feet like I think it will, Cormier mashes Blaydes' face. Would like to see the fight play out though. Cormier usually doesn't fight against folk actually trying to engage him in the grappling department. Jones did well, but even then, it was used mainly for defense and to keep Cormier on his toes. Using wrestling as the main offensive approach against Cormier hasn't proven to be a sound argument... Just yet anyway.

Blaydes seems to have improved much more than the Predator.

I'm still mad he beat my boys Hunt and Reem and that ugly beard doesn't help, I would like to see how he does against Volkov before a TS or maybe Ngannou if he fights quickly after the Lewis fight

reem beats werdum though, but yea tougher challenge getting the W over werdum

Werdum has a stoppage win over Reem, and you could argue he won the other two fights as well. Reem is a bit lucky to have two wins over Werdum on his record.

There's an argument that he's next but also one that he should fight volkov next. If stipe wins I don't see him defending again till early mid 2019 -- blaydes will need to keep his name fresh

He deserves the TS but I dont see him beating Stipe right now.

Back