How an openweight tournament with all top fighters from 185 to 265 goes ?

The Domin8or

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since all 185-ers weigh at least 200+ its not that crazy ,a lot of 185-ers used to fight in openweight tournaments back in the day . 4 top fighters from each division also 4 special entries (Fedor , Chael , Rumble , GSP) are included in this randomized bracket
fnB1Ugb.png

Let's assume all of the fighters and their prime, to make things easier.

1. Gus beats Romero by decision
2. Stipe TKOs Whittaker 2nd round
3. Jones submits Mousasi in the 3rd
4. Blaydes beats Ngannou by decision
5. Fedor KOs Latifi in the 1st round
6. Rumble KOs Chael in the 1st round
7. Cormier beats Volkov by decision
8. GSP beats Kelvin by decision

Quarter finals

Gus beats Stipe by decision
Jones beats Blaydes by decision
Rumble KOs Fedor in the 1st round
Cormier TKOs GSP in the 1st round

Semis
Jones beats Gus by decision
Rumble KOs Cormier in the 2nd rd if he doesn't wrestle, if he does (more likely)....then DC by 2nd round sub

Final
Jones beats Cormier's ass however he wants

Even though it's completely fictional, it still annoys me that you included Chael Sonnen. Oh wait, you set him up against Rumble so you just want to see him suffer. Ok, I can agree to this.
By the way, Stipe wins your tournament

romero would be champ. or maybe gus. but an openweight tournament would be a GREAT idea. so you know the ufc would never do something like that

Let's assume all of the fighters and their prime, to make things easier.

1. Gus beats Romero by decision
2. Stipe TKOs Whittaker 2nd round
3. Jones submits Mousasi in the 3rd
4. Blaydes beats Ngannou by decision
5. Fedor KOs Latifi in the 1st round
6. Rumble KOs Chael in the 1st round
7. Cormier beats Volkov by decision
8. GSP beats Kelvin by decision

Quarter finals

Gus beats Stipe by decision
Jones beats Blaydes by decision
Rumble KOs Fedor in the 1st round
Cormier TKOs GSP in the 1st round

Semis
Jones beats Gus by decision
Rumble KOs Cormier in the 2nd rd if he doesn't wrestle, if he does (more likely)....then DC by 2nd round sub

Final
Jones beats Cormier's ass however he wants
I agree aside the jones crap. jones is MIA

Whats so hard to believe? Gus is as long as Stipe with better boxing, and a better chin and with the wrestling to nullify Stipe's.

He might be as tall as Stipe but Stipe is a natural heavyweight. Gus might have a good chin but Stipe's is good too (stop holding that KO against Struve against him)
I respect Gus, I think he's a great fighter but when a great heavyweight goes up against a great LHW (and Gus might be big but he's not built like a heavyweight like Stipe) I'm always gonna pick the heavyweight. There's a power difference and a strength difference.

He might be as tall as Stipe but Stipe is a natural heavyweight. Gus might have a good chin but Stipe's is good too (stop holding that KO against Struve against him)
I respect Gus, I think he's a great fighter but when a great heavyweight goes up against a great LHW (and Gus might be big but he's not built like a heavyweight like Stipe) I'm always gonna pick the heavyweight. There's a power difference and a strength difference.

Not built as a HW? You understand Gus, DC, Jones are some of the bigger LHWs, and absolutely walk around 240+lbs, look on JRE where Gus is slightly chbbier and says he moves just as well as he does at LHW than he does at HW.

Stipe is a 240lbs, he isnt bigger than these guys, not by a long shot.

There may be a power edge for Stipe, but the boxing is on Gus' who also has better head movement, compared to Stipe's. Stipe usually has zero head movement, but showed decent head movement against Nganou, when he focused on it.

Gus is a terrible matchup for Yoel Romero. Gus decisioning him is the more likely result, than a freak finish from Yoel. Gus is way taller, and has way rangier striking. Itd look like Romero/Whittiker round 1.

Gus is a terrible matchup for Yoel Romero. Gus decisioning him is the more likely result, than a freak finish from Yoel. Gus is way taller, and has way rangier striking. Itd look like Romero/Whittiker round 1.
Pls explain to my how can DC who has big reach and height disadvantage against Gus can beat Gus so bad on the feet?

Pls explain to my how can DC who has big reach and height disadvantage against Gus can beat Gus so bad on the feet?
Because DC has some of the best dirty boxing in the UFC, and actually has the gas to punch consistent numbers for 5 rounds, and he still couldnt finish Gus. DC also has some of the best takedowns in the sport

DC got his ass beat too. If it werent for his ridiculous chin, he wouldnt of made to 5, that fight was razor close.

Yoel doesnt have the gas to throw shots like DC, doesnt have the takedowns of DC in MMA, and really doesnt have the top control of DC in MMA, he isnt anywhere near the fighter DC is.

Yoel is like an alpha version of DC but with explosive movement and shots . But then again I see you have a Yoel pic as an AV.

I just want to see Mousasi vs Ngannou now...

Well I would say JJ Stipe and DC are the favs. We should actually have a solid idea of who wins after the big fight.

Gus is incredibly overrated and would get finished inside 3 rounds against Romero because of his bad striking defense and some bad habits he has.

Because DC has some of the best dirty boxing in the UFC, and actually has the gas to punch consistent numbers for 5 rounds, and he still couldnt finish Gus. DC also has some of the best takedowns in the sport

DC got his ass beat too. If it werent for his ridiculous chin, he wouldnt of made to 5, that fight was razor close.

Yoel doesnt have the gas to throw shots like DC, doesnt have the takedowns of DC in MMA, and really doesnt have the top control of DC in MMA, he isnt anywhere near the fighter DC is.

Yoel is like an alpha version of DC. But then again I see you have a Yoel pic as an AV.
DC got his ass beat too, but that fight wasn't razer close, easy 3-2 for DC.
QHDoBzS.png

LOL and forget the top control and takedown, DC beat Gus standing, he didn't win because he beat Gus on the ground
What is your points when you said DC couldn't finish Gus? DC hits hard but he has no KO power, that is like saying Anthony Rumble couldn't finish Gus because DC couldn't do that in 5 rounds. And why are you bringing DC's boxing in here, you want to say DC is a better striker than Yoel or what? Rumble also doesn't have DC's gas tank too but look what happened lol. Yoel doesn't need to throw 10 punches to knock you out, he just need 1 moment and you are done, most of his KO came form 3rd round and he still have power even in 5th round (Whittaker fight).
DC is nothing like Yoel. DC has better MMA's wrestling, they both great at getting up after being taken down, DC's boxing and Yoel is also 2 different things and i would say Yoel's striking skill is much better based on their records, Yoel has KO Power while DC doesn't, DC has better gas tank that help him being more aggressive, both have best chin in the UFC, Yoel can take body shot better than DC, Yoel is also more unpredictable than DC, he can go form CM Punk's speed to MM's speed in a second. LOL saying Yoel is an alpha version of DC proved that you have never watch any DC's fights and Yoel's fights except that Gus fight
What is the problem with i have a Yoel pic as an AV? Because i have Yoel pic as my AV that means i will lose to you or what

Last edited:
At least Romero would make weight, then lose and we would need to listen to his fans whinge about how it wasn’t his fault and how he actually won.

Back