How important is the UFC to USADA?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For the first time i have actually been to USADAs website and one thing really drew my attention.

USADA has "UFC program" on their top, main menu. Yes, right there on top of the page together with stuff like: About / Testing / Substance / Science / Media / Resources / Services, and then UFC Program.

There is no olympic / paralympic / pan american section, or whatever else USADA is involved or does testing for... The ufc is the only thing featured along the other items there.

Its really wierd as it doesnt even match that category of options available in this menu. Go look for yourselves: https://www.usada.org/

Not to mention the fact that, the ufc program is a fairly new thing they've picked up. AFAIK they have been working with other events such as olympic stuff way longer, and there are no featured sections to click for those.

So the UFC quickly became their main thing just like that? How important is the ufc to them to deserve a special place in their main menu?

Interesting.... They might have that there for a completely different reason and im just going full eddie bravo here, but how does that old saying go? "never bite the hand that feeds you"

<JonesLaugh>

Last edited:
USADA is keeping UFC from being UFCesspool, of steroid cheats.

tenor.gif

tumblr_inline_nmjk2bPfON1rwmxfd_400.jpg

tenor.gif

No it isn't lol.

You guys think usada even catches 20 percent of the fighters on PEDs?

Not a chance or popping wouldn't be so damn common. It seems like once every two weeks a fighter pops.

They are cheating because they still get by with it so they take their chances.

I'm on the fence with this subject. i feel like humans will cheat, always find a way to cheat, and will never stop cheating.

you can't stop it.

just my 2 cents

tenor.gif

You know, you have no idea who "cheats." That's the problem with all the Jones haters. The dude was the best to ever do it and if you think any top fighter doesn't or hasn't "cheated," then you're kidding yourself.

You know, you have no idea who "cheats." That's the problem with all the Jones haters. The dude was the best to ever do it and if you think any top fighter doesn't or hasn't "cheated," then you're kidding yourself.

Juicehead fan^^^^

"Everybody's cheating!!!"

Even though only a few guys keep getting caught, over and over.

giphy.gif

Usada will always be around, but they make making atleast 95% more now than they were pre UFC.

Mainly because most major sports leagues dont use Usada. And for good reason, could you imgaine how boring Patriots games would be without Gronk ;)

I'm on the fence with this subject. i feel like humans will cheat, always find a way to cheat, and will never stop cheating

just my 2 cents

Damn let me buy you a drink bro, sounds like you had some bad relationships.

Wasn't sure about thread title TS. Read title and my thoughts were "doesn't matter, they are the employee". Now I'm a bit intrigued. Maybe the other companies and Orgs USADA works worth have contracts preventing USADA from using their relationship as a marketing tool?

The amount of importance is in direct relation to how much money the UFC pays the USADA.

What's that? You want Brock to compete at UFC 200? That can be arranged.

What's that? You want Brock to compete at UFC 200? That can be arranged.
Maybe. Can we now arrange to get Jones back in the cage?.......and don't pop him a 3rd time!

Damn let me buy you a drink bro, sounds like you had some bad relationships.
lol. when it comes to competing id say it's almost 100%

relationships say like 55-60%

sad but true

oh ya....
and I'll take that drink!
thx

Flaw about Usada is, they don't even know what's on the ban list & making up the rules

Back