Shogun's TDD percentage is 46%......

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Went to watch Shogun vs Hendo I on fightpass and glancing across his stat page, it was pretty startling that his TDD is only 45.74%, which is almost Condit level bad.

For reference, Nick Diaz has a TDD rate of over 60%

Sheesh Shogun...

coleman who was like 50 was wrestling the shit out of him even at that point.

Hes had alot of knee surgeries by the time he came to ufc.

Hes also never been layed on. Even if his TDD is bad he gets back up. Shit i cant ever remember him losing a fight or a decision from his lack of TDD.

Shogun was better with sweeping his opponent and getting a better position or getting back to his feet.

Notice the part that said in the UFC? They fought in WEC.
what is the problem with UFC/WEC?
you said he abandoned leg kicks because he faced wrestlers which he not, he still leg kick those wrestlers a lot of time, for example the first fight with Edgar.I dont know why he doesn't use it anymore but facing wrestlers isn't the reason he abandoned leg kicks. There are few fights Aldo faced strikers but he still rarely use his leg kick

Last edited:
Hes had alot of knee surgeries by the time he came to ufc.

Hes also never been layed on. Even if his TDD is bad he gets back up. Shit i cant ever remember him losing a fight or a decision from his lack of TDD.

no, he hadn't. he had his first right before joining against Forrest and then again in the second fight against Machida.

no, he hadn't. he had his first right before joining against Forrest and then again in the second fight against Machida.
He has surgery on his knee before his pride debut

Second before Forrest

Third with Lyoto

And no a fourth.

Nope. He fought Griffin with a damaged knee and had to have 2 operations before he came back against Coleman.
Then he injured his knee again during Shogun/ Machida II.
He had another knee surgery this past October.

He has surgery on his knee before his pride debut

Second before Forrest

Third with Lyoto

And no a fourth.
He actually fought Griffin w/ a ruptured ACL and had surgery after that fight.
He reinjured himself during rehab or training and had to have another operation before coming back to fight Coleman.
Then he injured his knee against Machida.
And again this past October.

I never heard about the pre-Pride surgery. Interesting.

He actually fought Griffin w/ a ruptured ACL and had surgery after that fight.
He reinjured himself during rehab or training and had to have another operation before coming back to fight Coleman.
Then he injured his knee against Machida.
And again this past October.

I never heard about the pre-Pride surgery. Interesting.
He mentions it during an interview before one of his Boshida fights.

I used to have the dvd. Cant be bothered to look it up

There is not a lot of work to show for it, but Shogun seemed confident in his guard/scambles.

There is not a lot of work to show for it, but Shogun seemed confident in his guard/scambles.
The helicopter sweep he pulled off against Machida was beautiful.

Ive never seen anything like it still.

Then he KTFO of Lyoto like a minute later. Legend shit.

Back