New Weight Classes - Realignment

Whippy McGee

Surf 4 Life
@Steel
Reaction score
The UFC should adjust and add some weight classes. Here is the new proposed weight classes with the Champions assigned.

• Flyweight. 125 lb - Demetrious Johnson
  • Bantamweight. 135 lb - TJ Dillashaw
  • Featherweight. 145 lb - Max Holloway
  • Lightweight. 155 lb - Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Super lightweight. 165 lb - Tyrone Woodley (or he can leave open)
  • Welterweight. 175 lb - Tyrone Woodley
  • Middleweight 185 lb - Robert Whitaker
  • Super Middleweight 195 lbs - Daniel Cormier (or he can leave open)
  • Light Heavyweight 205 - Daniel Cormier
  • Heavyweight 265 - Stipe Miocic
  • Open Class (Any Weight) - Stipe Miocic (or he can leave open)

The new adds are at 165 - 195 - and Open Weight. I think this will help more champion vs. champion fights and the Open Class would be awesome. Mighty Mouse can take a crack at anyone... once he's done ducking TJ.

Thoughts?

giphy.gif

You want to solve the problem of weight cutting, remove all weight classes and just have open weight competitions. True meritocracy, no size segregation, whoever beats everyone else is UFC champion, like 90% of real sports, both team and individual. Having a 125lbs UFC "champ" is about as retarded as having a below 5'5" tennis champ.

Too watered down already with too many belts.

Go back to 4 belts.
Women’s champ
Manlet champ
Average Joe belt
World champion

The UFC should adjust and add some weight classes. Here is the new proposed weight classes with the Champions assigned.

The new adds are at 165 - 195 - and Open Weight. I think this will help more champion vs. champion fights and the Open Class would be awesome. Mighty Mouse can take a crack at anyone... once he's done ducking TJ.

Thoughts?
206-220 Cruiserweight.

Changing the welterweight to 175 and creating a new 165 division makes sense, but there's no depth in the heavier divisions to add yet another one.

I'm all for eliminating 170 and adding 165 and 175 but that is the only change that I want to see right now. There is not nearly enough depth to add a 195 lbs class currently.

And Cormier is absolutely not making 195. Not without a hell of a lot of towels anyway.

Merge 125 and 135 together.

I'm all for eliminating 170 and adding 165 and 175 but that is the only change that I want to see right now. There is not nearly enough depth to add a 195 lbs class currently.

And Cormier is absolutely not making 195. Not without a hell of a lot of towels anyway.
A little less popeyes and cake aught to do the trick.

giphy.gif

You want to solve the problem of weight cutting, remove all weight classes and just have open weight competitions. True meritocracy, no size segregation, whoever beats everyone else is UFC champion, like 90% of real sports, both team and individual. Having a 125lbs UFC "champ" is about as retarded as having a below 5'5" tennis champ.

Lol what a horrible idea. The current HW’s would dominate except for maybe a handful of elite LHWs.

There would only be a handful of contenders and lower weightclass fighters would slowly fade away and go to other orgs or whatever. It would be extremely boring.

Thoughts?

who ever idea that is it dumb. what wrong with 170 why there need for that.

the one class I can see happening easier is 225.

Too watered down already with too many belts.

Go back to 4 belts.
Women’s champ
Manlet champ
Average Joe belt
World champion
I know yerr joking but UFC's views and ratings would absolutely skyrocket if we had only 4 belts:
Men's Heavyweight
Men's Middleweight
Men's Welterweight
Men's Lightweight

Just these 4 and nothing else. FW, BW and WMMA has never sold anything and are a complete bore and snooze. I would miss LHW but they can all man up and go to HW.

giphy.gif

That's an awful idea. Slobs at heavyweight would beat guys like Aldo just because they're bigger, not more skilled.

I know yerr joking but UFC's views and ratings would absolutely skyrocket if we had only 4 belts:
Men's Heavyweight
Men's Middleweight
Men's Welterweight
Men's Lightweight

Just these 4 and nothing else. FW, BW and WMMA has never sold anything and are a complete bore and snooze. I would miss LHW but they can all man up and go to HW.

FW and WMMA never sold anything? Conor Mcgregor never sold anything? Ronda never sold?

That's an awful idea. Slobs at heavyweight would beat guys like Aldo just because they're bigger, not more skilled.

And? Are you suggesting 7'+ slobs in the NBA are more skilled than 5'8" basketball wizards who can't even make it in because they're too short? Are you suggesting Usain Bolt is the most skilled sprinter in the world, and his size plays no factor in him being the fastest guy in the world?

UFC = Ultimate FIGHTING Championships, not Ultimate SKILL Championships. It should be about who's the best FIGHTER, and fighting is a combination of size, strength, skills, mental fortitude, IQ, cardio etc. It's never been about who's the most SKILLED, or who's the STRONGEST, or who's got the best CARDIO, or any individual attribute.

Back