Anyone else think prime BJ would beat Khabib and Conor?

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I certainly do.

The motivated BJ with 5 rd cardio that rekd Kenny and Diego should be favoured over current Khabib imo.

Now Khabib is great at what he does, but unless he's lathering himself with grease, I don't see how he'd be able to consistently take BJ down and do any sort of serious damage from top. BJ was incredibly flexible and had a wicked guard, better than anyone Khabib ever fought by a mile, and had some of the best TDD we've ever seen. The striking wouldn't even be competitive, BJ smashes him standing.

Iron chinned boxer BJ would take Conor's back easier than Diaz did and choke him out.

Ferguson would be an interesting fight though, Tony knows how to use his length on the feet and that may cause BJ some problems. Tony is similarly great on the ground as well so that'd be cool to watch.

I certainly do.

The motivated BJ with 5 rd cardio that rekd Kenny and Diego should be favoured over current Khabib imo.

Now Khabib is great at what he does, but unless he's lathering himself with grease, I don't see how he'd be able to consistently take BJ down and do any sort of serious damage from top. BJ was incredibly flexible and had a wicked guard, better than anyone Khabib ever fought by a mile, and had some of the best TDD we've ever seen. The striking wouldn't even be competitive, BJ smashes him standing.

Iron chinned boxer BJ would take Conor's back easier than Diaz did and choke him out.

Ferguson would be an interesting fight though, Tony knows how to use his length on the feet and that may cause BJ some problems. Tony is similarly great on the ground as well so that'd be cool to watch.

I can't argue with that. BJ was an animal in his prime. To bad he kept taking fights out of his weight class against guys way bigger than him. All that punishment eventually caught up with him.

The Sanchez fight might be the greatest performance by a champion in history. 4 and a half rounds and if I recall correctly Sanchez only landed 5 strikes, thats crazy.

Prime Bj wrecks conor worse than any other lw ever.
I dont know if his tdd is enough for khabib though

Conor, yes.

He’d win the first round against Khabib, but then gas and be unable to defend the TD’s.

Conor, yes.

He’d win the first round against Khabib, but then gas and be unable to defend the TD’s.

He doesn't really care if he does get taken down though cause he can neutralise and threaten subs off his back. Aside from the second GSP fight nobody ever really beat him up on the ground

Conor yes. Prime BJ has good head movement and a Solid Chin to go with Decent Boxing. I don't know if he could hold off Khabib though.

Kenny and diego aint the level of khabib and connor lmao

Kenny and Diego is far form Khabib and Conor
Anw, a no for BJ "BJ" Penn

A 'Prime BJ' thread & 'Prime Shogun' thread in the same day.

Boy we are lucky.

Conor boxes up BJ.
Khabib wrestlefucks BJ.
and i hate Khabib.
Hypothetical match ups with different era fighters are dumb as shit.

Conor would get killed so easily by prime Penn. It would be hilarious. Seeing prime Penn defend Khabib takedowns would be a thing of beauty.

sorry but the game had evolved so much since BJ and Frankie reigned over 155, they’d be outsized, outmatched, and outskilled by either ConMan or Khabib.

BJ was a beast in is Prime and amazing fighter. Sadly he will be remembered by alot of new fans for the tippy toe Standup and getting murked by Yair and Rory.

But I think he survives Conor’s left and takes him via RNC in the Third.

Khabib beats BJ tho I honestly struggle to see anyone current or past who beats him.

Mayyyteee

The difference between:
- an A-level athlete

- D level athlete

Just so you know I am 39 not on Peds and I can leap out of the pool I cannot do the bar jump to save my life. A big difference between the two.

Conor does look ridiculous (Also the pressure of people watching does not help)

Just so you know I am 39 not on Peds and I can leap out of the pool I cannot do the bar jump to save my life. A big difference between the two.

Conor does look ridiculous (Also the pressure of people watching does not help)
Its was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment but u ruined it :(

Back