Was there a bigger saved by the bell moment than Shields vs Mayhem?

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
20091109120209_IMG_8810.JPG

Other ones that come to mind are Matt Hughes vs GSP 2, and against BJ Penn 2 when BJ had him in that triangle, and Cody vs TJ.

Recent one that comes to mind is Silva vs. Bisping.
There was absolutely no way of Bisping surviving more than a couple of seconds there, while shields could've somehow toughed it through... in theory at least.

Recent one that comes to mind is Silva vs. Bisping.
There was absolutely no way of Bisping surviving more than a couple of seconds there, while shields could've somehow toughed it through... in theory at least.

<mma4>
Bisping was practically KO’d, gutsy performance from Left Hook Larry

Where's my rematch buddy?!

End of the first round of Garbrandt - Dillashaw. Couple more seconds and Cody would have had him out of there.

Incredible to think that TJ became champ about five minutes after he was almost KO'd.

Cormier vs Oezdemir, Piechota in his ufc debut had submission tight at the ond of the round and in another round knockdown at the end

Sean O'Malley vs Soukhamthath. He literally couldn't even stand at the end of round 3. Not really the "biggest" ever though.

Shields beat maia on the ground he ain't tapping to Goofball Mayhem.

Mayhem was a very very talented grappler, goofball.

~DaViD~
Miller was genuinely crafty with absolute moments of genius on the ground. Personally, I think he was always better served in a ring, but damn that meteoric downfall was "Jones-esque like in his performance, Joe."

Where's my rematch buddy?!
He's always lurking
DRUN2l4.gif

Mayhem stopped a bunch of dudes via BJJ. Shields would have been a good feather in his cap.

Jorge Gurgel should have been saved by the bell, but KJ KTFO'd him after the bell.

The opposite would be Sonnen vs Jones, where Jones would have lost by doctor stoppage if the fight had reached the bell.

Shields was probably fucked there. Like 92% likely.

However like another poster mentioned, Bisping was 137% fucked against Anderson. If Anderson immediately started gnp'ing him for 2 seconds it would have been stopped

edit: Also so cringey watching Anderson celebrate on and on when it wasnt stopped lol

Back