If DC dominates Stipe Miocic, what does that tell us about Jon Jones?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
DC will certainly be #1 p4p, but Jones beat him 2X. Does that make JBJ the goat?

Another reconfirmation that he's the GOAT

If DC beats Stipe, it makes Jon Jones look better. For sure.

If DC beats Stipe, it makes Jon Jones look better. For sure.
Yup.

You can cry as much as you want about how Jones was too pussy to go to HW or blame it on steroids, but he would've dominated a guy that is arguably one of the top 5 GOAT HWs if he beats Stipe.

If DC beats Stipe, it won’t mean much since the Vanilla Gorilla will beat DC this winter.

jon jones has literally done everything you would hope a young athlete wouldn't do. DUI and crashed his bentley with random women in the car, hit and run where he ran back to grab his cash but left his pipe while injuring a pregnant woman, hiding from a drug testing agent underneath the cage, a positive test for coke, a positive test for a masking agent and a positive test for an actual steroid.

but he is such a great fighter that he will be allowed back at some point.

PEDs solve everything

If DC beats Stipe, it won’t mean much since the Vanilla Gorilla will beat DC this winter.
Kurt Angle clowned Brock backstage at a UFC event and DW offered him a contract on the spot. Yes Kurt is a former gold medal winner but he's giving up 80 pounds to Brock. Kurt turned the contract down saying it was a paycut and he's too old to switch careers.

DC would Donkey Kong the vanilla gorilla.

It would show that JJ would tear through the HW division like hot knife through butter.....

Yup.

You can cry as much as you want about how Jones was too pussy to go to HW or blame it on steroids, but he would've dominated a guy that is arguably one of the top 5 GOAT HWs if he beats Stipe.
Well, I think that is a step too far. DC beating Stipe doesn't mean Jones would've beaten Stipe. That kind of formulation simply doesn't work well; different fighters match up differently.

But it does demonstrate the value of Jones' fights against DC by showing just how good DC is.

What we pretty much already know. That Jones is the best fighter in the history of the UFC. Unfortunately he is also a total fuck up.

Well, I think that is a step too far. DC beating Stipe doesn't mean Jones would've beaten Stipe. That kind of formulation simply doesn't work well; different fighters match up differently.

But it does demonstrate the value of Jones' fights against DC by showing just how good DC is.
I never said Jones would beat Stipe.

Read my comment again, I said that Jones would've dominated a guy (DC) who would be a top 5 GOAT Heavyweight IF he beats Stipe, which in turn bolsters Jones' resume.

It means that stipe is clean and doesn’t have a 12 inch reach advantage that makes him practically unhittable. Also doesn’t eye poke or cheat

Yeah but Jones has beaten every single style matchup that has been thrown his way. A lot of people said DC with his wrestling and boxing was going to be a nightmare. He pretty much defeated him easily twice..

Back