DC vs Stipe is the most excited I have been for a fight in a couple years.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I usually get pretty pumped up for the big fights. But this one has a different feel to it. Like it could be dayum legendary!

I guess I'm the strange one.. this ain't a superfight and DC has little chances.

Hey hope I'm wrong and this will be a fun fight and competitive.

I felt that way with gsp vs bisbing

has a different feel for me, too. i posted this in another thread-

stipe vs dc is criminally underrated.

if it wasnt for jon jones, we'd be looking at 2 dominant champs who've cleared out their respective divisions.

no knock on holloway-ortega (i'm really looking forward to that fight, too) but stipe-dc has a greater chance of being an epic fight imo.

I felt that way for the last 3 Tony vs Khabib fights, but I know what you mean. I’m super pumped as well.

It's actually intriguing, thats a rarity these days.

I just wanted to see if gsp would grapplefuck bisbing or get made a fool of. Most fighters coming out of retirement don’t fair well and it could’ve tarnished his legacy. Gsp getting KO’d as rare as bisbing does it, would’ve been something to see

Very excited I actually was just on fight pass watching Stipe last fight. But the UFC has done an absolutely terrible job promoting this. And by that I mean not promoting it. Where is the hype, where is the promotion? They didn’t do anything. Unless you were counting the ultimate fighter? Which pretty much nobody on the planet even watches anymore.

I guess I'm the strange one.. this ain't a superfight and DC has little chances.

Hey hope I'm wrong and this will be a fun fight and competitive.

It's a weird one for me. I guess it can be a called a superfight because its the LHW champ, a former HW, moving back up to take on the current HW champ. I just don't think either have had some long dominant reigns or anything nor any history so it doesn't have any of that "superfight" feeling.

Superfight to me is BJ vs GSP. Heck, I think GSP vs Bisping was more of a "superfight" than this one honestly.

has a different feel for me, too. i posted this in another thread-

The problem is Jon Jones did happen twice so it takes away that true superfight feeling. Don't get me wrong this fight is great but would be way more fun if Jones was moving up to HW.

I'm equally excited and reserved about it, and the whole card. I'm going to break my sXe vow and get shitty drunk though.

I just don't think either have had some long dominant reigns or anything nor any history so it doesn't have any of that "superfight" feeling.

Superfight to me is BJ vs GSP. Heck, I think GSP vs Bisping was more of a "superfight" than this one honestly.

I do agree BJ vs GSP had a much bigger feeling but to be fair Penn only defended the LW belt once when he fought GSP. A huge portion of Penn GSP 2 hype was built up from the first fight and the fact the Penn was 'in shape' during this period.

Back