Logical next fights at 170

FatMoiMoi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
These fights seem to make the most sense, given everyone's position and who is calling out who:

Tyron Woodley vs Colby Covington
Darren Till vs Kamaru Usman
Neil Magny vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
Jorge Masvidal vs Leon Edwards
Demian Maia vs Donald Cerrone
Rafael dos Anjos vs Stephen Thompson

Thoughts?

I like it. I'm not sure if Cerrone is going to stay at welterweight though. Before the Edwards fight was announced, he was talking about dropping back down to 155.

reports are that RDA-Usman is close to done though I agree Till-Usman for number one contender is logical. I also read that wonderboy wants lawler next in november which is the way I would go if robbie is healthy.

assuming RDA-Usman and Tyron/Colby are happening my docket would look like...

Till-Ponzi, rebook Magny/Gunnar, Masvidal/Edwards, Wonderboy/Lawler, Maia/Stun Gun (time to give Maia a easier opponent) and preferably Cowboy to move back to LW or face Condit

Last edited:
I approve of all those fights.

Book 'em Dana!

I like the Maia-Cowboy fight, but I don't think now is the right time for it. Let them both pick up some momentum before putting them against each other.

why the fuck should cowboy move down. he weighs the same as colby on fight night. 183. cowboy isnt going to be a top 5 fighter at lw either.

reports are that RDA-Usman is close to done though I agree Till-Usman for number one contender is logical. I also read that wonderboy wants lawler next in november which is the way I would go if robbie is healthy.

Till-Ponzi, rebook Magny/Gunnar, Masvidal/Edwards, Wonderboy/Lawler, Maia/Stun Gun (time to give Maia a easier opponent) and preferably Cowboy to move back to LW or face Condit

Cowboy/Condit has been a dream matchup of mine for like a decade but i dont think they would fight each other

Yeah I've read that. I can't really understand why they're booking that fight next. You have one fighter on a massive winning streak, another coming off a loss. And who is Till going to fight next?

Both Wonserboy vs Lawler or Maia vs Kim would be fun

Bring back Erick Silva and give him a top 10 fighter so his legendary 20-fight win streak can begin

Like the thread, not a big fan of your fights. Stylistically I'd like to see:

-Till x Usman: I'd rather see Till fight another striker for my own personal entertainment (Masvidal, Ponzi, Robbie), but this is the fight to make in order for the next contender to emerge.

-Ponzi x Lawler: Just let them bang bro.

-Masvidal x Magny: There's real beef here, I want to see what Masvidal is about with that look in his eye. Also a Davis vs Goliath match up, with Magny being one of the largest WW's and Masvidal being a natural LW.

-Wonderbro x RDA: Not what I wanted next for either guy, but it's already being discussed and seems all but inevitable. RDA should've been matched up against Ponzi, allowing Wonderbro to fight Lawler (at least based on my match ups), whom he's been calling out for awhile.

Maia and Cowboy could use some rest,or be matched up as you suggested @FatMoiMoi

Back