If RDA is fighting Usman, who fights Till?

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought Usman vs Till would be the right move to make, and Till has made it clear the he wants to stay at 170 for now.

Booked/speculated fights
- Colby vs Woodley
- Edwards vs Masvidal
- Usman vs RDA

So who does Till fight?

Ponzinibbio?
Magny?
Nelson?

Surely they wouldn't force Maia to fight another killer.....or would they?

Nah, I dont think theyre gonna kill of Maia that much he has one foot out the door and will probably go out with a win over who ever is #15. I guess Till vs Nelson/ Magny would make sense, we know Till isnt ready for Colby/Woodley/ (and probably) Usman but is still a very dangerous contender. I dont see why not. However, I feel fighting Nelson will be too much of a step down in competition. Ponzi/Magny is more better.

Nah, I dont think theyre gonna kill of Maia that much he has one foot out the door and will probably go out with a win over who ever is #15. I guess Till vs Nelson/ Magny would make sense, we know Till isnt ready for Colby/Woodley/ (and probably) Usman but is still a very dangerous contender. I dont see why not. However, I feel fighting Nelson will be too much of a step down in competition. Ponzi/Magny is more better.
"more better"

My brother....

I guess it ill be Magny or Ponzi. I hope it is Magny... Till is a terrible matchup for Santiago.

I think they are wrapping him in cotton wool away from usman and giving him the next title shot

The Colby X Woodly winner

UFC have Till where they want him, they won't jeopardize it

If he does fight again it will be a Conor X Siver tier lay-up

The Colby X Woodly winner

UFC have Till where they want him, they won't jeopardize it

If he does fight again it will be a Conor X Siver tier lay-up

problem with that aside from his last fight being a stinker, is that he's not that big yet. The odd timing of that card didn't allow for everyone who's a casual to catch it. Plus the winner of Colby vs Woodley won't be ready until at least beginning of next year most likely, so, that's a lot of time away. He should probably have another fight, I think Magny would be a good one. Not a can, but maybe doesn't have the physical power to get the job done vs Till.

Probably Ponz. I'd like to see how he matches uo against Magny.

Till will more than likely fight the winner of Woodley vs Covington.

Make him make 170 successfully first, before giving him a title shot. He has missed 170 more than once now.

They'll let him wait for a title shot, which will be early 2019

I would love to see Neil beat Till , unfortunately I think that Till would beat Neil quite handily although Neil has a knack of beating opponents I think he's going to lose to .
If till goes all out in the first round I could see Neil pulling of another Lombard type performance .

I would do Till-Ponzi and rebook Magny-Gunnar. Till-Ponzi should be a fireworks fight on the feet. Seems like the ufc wants to preserve usman and till as contenders and save that matchup for a potential title clash. can't really argue with the promotion's approach. sometimes best not to kill two promising contenders at once

This RDA/Usman talk is not a good fight for RDA even worse with a ripped off ear. I think Till/Ponzi is a good match up both big WW's both hit hard, both bring threats. Edwards/Masvidal is good Masvidal starting to whine about people don't want to fight him (as if,him?) let him and Magny fight since he claims that Neil's been ducking him and the UFC has said they've cut down on fighter ducking.

Ponz or Masvidal. If he waits for winner of Colby/Woodley he’s gonna be on the shelf for a while.

Back