Cormier was not in his prime when he’s in strikeforce.Hes currently at his peak

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
we seriously need to stop this myth,Strike force Cormier was not in his prime . Sure he’s bigger back then but his overall boxing was not even close to current Cormier level as evidenced by his last 2 fights against volkan and Jon jones.

His skills have evolved a lot since Strikeforce

But his physical prime was many years ago. I still think 2012 DC beats 2018 DC.

Sort of like Romero, who hit his physical prime he was competing full-time in wrestling, but is obviously a better martial artist right now than he's ever been.

He wasn't at his MMA knowledge prime but he was already past his physical prime in SF, let alone now. Have you seen his hairline recently? On average a man enters his physical prime when he's at Norwood 2. DC is at Norwood 5.

He wasn't at his MMA knowledge prime but he was already past his physical prime in SF, let alone now. Have you seen his hairline recently? On average a man enters his physical prime when he's at Norwood 2. DC is at Norwood 5.
Me thinks youre bald

physical and skill primes are two different trajectories and for DC they
crossed at Dan Henderson imo

His skills have evolved a lot since Strikeforce

But his physical prime was many years ago. I still think 2012 DC beats 2018 DC.

Sort of like Romero, who hit his physical prime he was competing full-time in wrestling, but is obviously a better martial artist right now than he's ever been.
Skills matter more imo and the difference is very noticeable

The main thing about this thread is that nobody knows what the fuck they are talking about.

>40 is the new prime
lol what are you, some WME shill trying to sell wolf tickets because there isn't nearly enough young talent coming in to replace the older generation of fighters?

we seriously need to stop this myth,Strike force Cormier was not in his prime . Sure he’s bigger back then but his overall boxing was not even close to current Cormier level as evidenced by his last 2 fights against volkan and Jon jones.

the virgin LHW UFC
Daniel-Cormier-1.png

the CHAD HW Strikeforce..
Silva-Cormier-Strikeforce-0911-4358.jpg

/thread

Skills matter more imo and the difference is very noticeable
yeah... ask RJJ... :

"Right now, being older, Im much more experienced technically, I still see the openings, but by the time I react, they´re gone..."

usehead 2.gif

>40 is the new prime
lol what are you, some WME shill trying to sell wolf tickets because there isn't nearly enough young talent coming in to replace the older generation of fighters?
Well, if you take a 30 year old wrestler with 0 mma skills and train him strictly MMA for 10 years, there is no question that the older version will kick the younger versions ass. The 30 year old version will be phisically stronger, faster, he will have better reaction, but he will lack the skills to overcome 10 year older himself.

Well, if you take a 30 year old wrestler with 0 mma skills and train him strictly MMA for 10 years, there is no question that the older version will kick the younger versions ass. The 30 year old version will be phisically stronger, faster, he will have better reaction, but he will lack the skills to overcome 10 year older himself.
Obviously, but that doesn't mean he's in his prime, just that he's late to the game.

His best performances were in that HW grand Prix. IMO none of his performances in the UFC match his strikeforce run.

Obviously, but that doesn't mean he's in his prime, just that he's late to the game.
Depends on what prime are we talking about. His prime as an MMA fighter? His prime as a wrestler? His prime as an athlete (power, speed, agility, stamina)?

He's definitely still top of the food chain and has evolved a lot since Strikeforce.

BUT, he also fairly recently suffered his first KO loss. And in brutal fashion I might add...

Did that affect him to the point that he's not gonna be able to handle a HW strike from Stipe? Good question

Depends on what prime are we talking about. His prime as an MMA fighter? His prime as a wrestler? His prime as an athlete (power, speed, agility, stamina)?
Physical prime, the point of maximum potential.

Tell that to Michael Jordan..

Back