How many LHWs in history could pull off the "DC gameplan" on prime Rumble?

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So we all know that standing with Rumble is suicide, so how many LHWs in history do you think could take 2016 Rumble down and beat him that way?

Remember, Rumble easily stuffed all of DC's takedown attempts and clinch initiations in their rematch before stupidly electing to wrestle himself; his defensive wrestling had gotten even better from the first fight, which was scary. He had some of the best TDD in MMA history, just look what he did to Davis and Bader.

Is DC the only one who could've done this, or are there others? Who could have beaten him apart from Daniel?

Suggestions:
- Prime Randy
- Prime Jones
- Prime Shogun
- Prime Rashad
- Prime Tito
- Prime Gus (when he wants to wrestle)

I don't believe anybody else could have survived being punched across the whole octagon.

Only Jones and DC could beat Rumble, and a large part of that outside of their wrestling is they both have chins made of granite.

Jones. That's it.

Only Jones and DC could beat Rumble, and a large part of that outside of their wrestling is they both have chins made of granite.
Completely agreed. People don't realize how good Rumble is. He ran through the division in just eight fights at 205 and took very little damage in the process.

Damn shame we will never get to see Jon vs Rumble...Smart money is on Jon, but man.....anything can happen with Rumble power

edit: Also, never forget that at WW KOSCHECK stood TOE TO FUCKING TOE with Rumble and didnt back down a god damn inch. and won!

KoscheckJohnson4.gif

Add Rampage and obviously Vitor to your list

Damn shame we will never get to see Jon vs Rumble...Smart money is on Jon, but man.....anything can happen with Rumble power

edit: Also, never forget that at WW KOSCHECK stood TOE TO FUCKING TOE with Rumble and didnt back down a god damn inch. and won!

KoscheckJohnson4.gif
Impressive, but 205 Rumble sleeps Koscheck with a jab

Plus Rumble's technique was garbage back then, his hard work with Hooft really paid off from 2014 onwards

Also, never forget that at WW KOSCHECK stood TOE TO FUCKING TOE with Rumble and didnt back down a god damn inch. and won!

KoscheckJohnson4.gif

Never forget
KoscheckJohnson2.gif

Rampage, Shogoat, and I'd probably favor prime Chuck in a matchup vs Rumble

Randy seems like a bad matchup for Rumble. I think he would break him similar to how he did to Vitor.

Randy seems like a bad matchup for Rumble. I think he would break him similar to how he did to Vitor.
I'm a big fan of Randy's but I don't see how he wins against Rumble.

Rumble isn't some James Toney in the grappling department. Phil Davis couldn't take him down once out of 8 attempts.

Impressive, but 205 Rumble sleeps Koscheck with a jab

Plus Rumble's technique was garbage back then, his hard work with Hooft really paid off from 2014 onwards
Not to mention he was drained all to hell.

At 205 only Jones I'd imagine if we're talking strictly subbing him. MAYBE Mousasi but I'm just tossing names right now. Randy just wasn't a submission fighter, more dirty boxer.

Back